Post your Nikon D800/ D800E images here

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I want a 1.4 TC too. For that lens I got from you Art. Don't know which model to get though as I'm not sure the Nikons would work with the camera's focus screw. Any idea anyone?

It would make myself a nice X-mas gift.

Hi Marcel,

You can check the compatibility chart from the site below.

http://www.nikonsupport.eu/europe/Manuals/DrdIaQvRZv/TC_converter_compatibility-EN_01.pdf

The Kenko DG brand that I use works on any Nikon F mount lenses which also includes the Tamron 90mm f2.8 screw drive type macro lens. Nikon's TC-1.4E II works with AF-S lenses only. I do not own the Nikon brand TC.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi Marcel,

You can check the compatibility chart from the site below.

http://www.nikonsupport.eu/europe/Manuals/DrdIaQvRZv/TC_converter_compatibility-EN_01.pdf

The Kenko DG brand that I use works on any Nikon F mount lenses which also includes the Tamron 90mm f2.8 screw drive type macro lens. Nikon's TC-1.4E II works with AF-S lenses only. I do not own the Nikon brand TC.

Thanks Glenn, I guess I'll start browsing ebay and Kijiji in my country. I'll let you know if I ever find one (I know my local photo store doesn't have it).

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, I did get my Kenko 1.4 TC today but came back home too late to try it. There is no way I'm going to use this thing inside the house with the 300.

So, I'll see what it's capable of this weekend.

Thanks for the advice.

Photowyzard

Marcel,

Wow, I am getting old. I can't remember if I put the 300mm with the 1.4TC! Sorry. I will check some of my older images and see if the META shows up as 420mm. If so, I will let you know.

Better yet, call Nikon directly in Mississauga. I call them all the time. I am surprised the guy who helps me out doesn't answer the phone with, "Not you again, Art!! What now!?"

Corey @ Faymus Media

how much sharper is the D800E? I am LOVING the D800! but I am thinking about the D800E and i dont want to buy it until i am sure. I dont want to spend another 200+ to rent the D800E, I want to put the money towards the camera I buy so any thoughts?

gqtuazon

Gear Head
how much sharper is the D800E? I am LOVING the D800! but I am thinking about the D800E and i dont want to buy it until i am sure. I dont want to spend another 200+ to rent the D800E, I want to put the money towards the camera I buy so any thoughts?

You should be ok with the D800 version. Can't quantify the difference and what you don't know will not hurt you.

I bought the E version just for the hell of it and I'm loving it even more.

Corey @ Faymus Media

I must say that since I got my hands on the D800 its bye bye Canon. LOL It feels great in my hands and I love the placement of the FN buttons, I tried to find a fault with the camera, but I just cant! Just pure awesome!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Marcel,

Wow, I am getting old. I can't remember if I put the 300mm with the 1.4TC! Sorry. I will check some of my older images and see if the META shows up as 420mm. If so, I will let you know.

Better yet, call Nikon directly in Mississauga. I call them all the time. I am surprised the guy who helps me out doesn't answer the phone with, "Not you again, Art!! What now!?"

Ah you don't have to do that Art, I found a Kenko pro 1.4 TC that I got for a bargain. The person that bought it thought it woiuld work with normal zooms that were not bright enough to focus. But with the 300 it's perfect and sharp.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Ah you don't have to do that Art, I found a Kenko pro 1.4 TC that I got for a bargain. The person that bought it thought it woiuld work with normal zooms that were not bright enough to focus. But with the 300 it's perfect and sharp.

I'm glad that the Kenko TC is working out well for your use Marcel.

Corey @ Faymus Media

Hey I was just thinking....instead of getting a d800 for video and photos, could I just get a d800e for extra portrait sharpness and if I am in a video or photo situation that might have moire install a removable filter? Philip bloom had it in his video, it removed all moire in 720pm or most of it.

does this lowpass filter that Philip bloom uses allow the d800e to be as good as a d800 for moire?

If so I will get a d800e and get the filter.

SacrificeTheory

13318925953_632d9b4723_b.jpg

T-Man

Greetings! New member here. Lots of good info on this site!
Here's one I took today with my D800 + Zeiss Makro-Planar 100/f2 @ ISO 100, f/14. I've only been into photography for 2 years, so any constructive criticism is welcomed and appreciated.

COLT SAA 38WCF-1.jpg