Post your Nikon D800/ D800E images here

Eye-level

Banned
Glenn I think there was a good deal room for you to come down from 3200 on those snaps...not saying they are improperly exposed just saying that the 800 is known to do shadows well so you probably still had some latitude with the ISO...

Jerry-K

Some ith my new D800

west-greenwich_3656.jpg

Photowyzard

My first ever sighting and photographing of a Merlin, taken this morning. NIkon 1.4 TCEII and my Nikon 300mm f4, using a monopod.

Merlin(3).jpg

Last edited:

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Welcome to the DARK SITE, Glenn!!!! :) One of the best lenses Nikon makes, in my opinion. I simply love mine!

Congratulations on your purchase!

Art - not only you've corrupted me with the Nikon 105mm, I also pulled the trigger on the Nikon 300mm f4 AF-S lens. I'll make sure it gets wrapped and placed under the tree. :eek:

Photowyzard

Art - not only you've corrupted me with the Nikon 105mm, I also pulled the trigger on the Nikon 300mm f4 AF-S lens. I'll make sure it gets wrapped and placed under the tree. :eek:

You have no idea how this pains me!!! :p I am sorry you are suffering this much due to my regard!! :D

Glenn,

I just purchased a Nikon 400mm f3.5. This is an oldie-goldie and the price was more in line with what I can afford right now. I should have it in a few days, maybe even tomorrow. This is a manual focus and I don't think I will suffer too much as a result, but I am expecting some killer sharp images from it.

Just in case you want to be corrupted some more!! :)

Congratulations, you will greatly enjoy both these lenses, they are top notch product. Feel free to add the Nikon 1.4TC to the 300mm, it is a killer combination!

Art

Sambr

You have no idea how this pains me!!! :p I am sorry you are suffering this much due to my regard!! :D

Glenn,

I just purchased a Nikon 400mm f3.5. This is an oldie-goldie and the price was more in line with what I can afford right now. I should have it in a few days, maybe even tomorrow. This is a manual focus and I don't think I will suffer too much as a result, but I am expecting some killer sharp images from it.

Just in case you want to be corrupted some more!! :)

Congratulations, you will greatly enjoy both these lenses, they are top notch product. Feel free to add the Nikon 1.4TC to the 300mm, it is a killer combination!

Art
The 300mmf4 & 1.4 TC is my favorite combo. :) :)

gqtuazon

Gear Head
The 300mmf4 & 1.4 TC is my favorite combo. :) :)

I have a 1.4 TC but it is a Kenko brand. I'll see how it goes with that combo. I could barely see any degradation with the image quality.

Talking more about NAS, I almost went for a 300mm f2.8 VRI or the 200mm f2 VRI (used of course) but I had to try it out first with the 300mm f4 if it is something that I will be using more.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Yes, I have to agree. I know the feeling. When I put the 1.4TC on the 300, it pretty much never came off! Amazing quality.

I want a 1.4 TC too. For that lens I got from you Art. Don't know which model to get though as I'm not sure the Nikons would work with the camera's focus screw. Any idea anyone?

It would make myself a nice X-mas gift.