Post your latest purchases.

Bill16

So I went and checked! It looks like I got a fair deal, and so once I move I'll hook up the Wii again!:)

I might buy a game sometime if I find one I remember from way back when, and if it is dirt cheap!lol :)

Well it is not camera gear, but I did sorta bought something in a way! lol A friend owed me some money and he also needed a few bucks for gas, so I took $95.00 off his debt and gave him $15 cash and he gave me a Wii game machine and a couple stacks of games for it! I have no clue what a Wii goes for, but it will give me something to do now and then. Since he is a buddy I hope he was fair with me. I'll likely check sometime out of curiosity. :)

Danno

So I went and checked! It looks like I got a fair deal, and so once I move I'll hook up the Wii again!:)

I might buy a game sometime if I find one I remember from way back when, and if it is dirt cheap!lol :)

I have one of those. They recommended it and a game called Wii Sports as part of my Physical Therapy for balance. It does help. I use it a few times a week. Tennis is the most challenging for me.

mikew_RIP

I have one of those. They recommended it and a game called Wii Sports as part of my Physical Therapy for balance. It does help. I use it a few times a week. Tennis is the most challenging for me.

Saw your name on this thread and thought what has he bought now :D

Bill16

I've been getting my butt kicked by one of the Mario games so far!lol But I will get better at it eventually!lol :D

mikew_RIP

Oh that is a real downer.:( Sorry buddy.:(

I have been through some of what has happened to you,after i lost my wife i took up target shooting,lets just say i had a lot of rifles and scopes ect at the end,it didnt help though it was just the short period of excitement while waiting for each purchase to arrive that helped.

Danno

Saw your name on this thread and thought what has he bought now :D

No new stuff for now Mike. Bikes gone and the toys I wanted bought... Rest has gone for a get away for my wife and I. You know now is the perfect time to sell that trailer and do something fun with Nancy while she is on the mend. Just a thought... :encouragement:

mikew_RIP

No new stuff for now Mike. Bikes gone and the toys I wanted bought... Rest has gone for a get away for my wife and I. You know now is the perfect time to sell that trailer and do something fun with Nancy while she is on the mend. Just a thought... :encouragement:

Your right of course but not quiet ready in my mind yet,you know what ime saying :D

Bill16

I'm sorry to hear about your wife my friend. :(

I have been through some of what has happened to you,after i lost my wife i took up target shooting,lets just say i had a lot of rifles and scopes ect at the end,it didnt help though it was just the short period of excitement while waiting for each purchase to arrive that helped.

Bill16

Well I picked up a Sony PlayStation 2 with several games for $30 off what my buddy owes me! I hope to be able to buy a game or two that I use to play, like Tomb Raider the first one! I really enjoyed that game and it cost about $7.00!:)

I have enough Wii games that it will be a while before I figure out what games I might like the most for it.lol :)

On a serious note, I'm not spending much money @mikew , so please try not to worry my friend. I also sold $130.00 worth of stuff, and I may sell even more at this yard sale tomorrow to help prepare for my up coming truck taxes,tags and licence renewal!:)

kkchan

DSC_0051-2.jpg
I bought two of these NPS straps from ebay, and I think they are just rebrand Domke straps.

Fortkentdad

Got a chance to go to the tradeshow portion of the Imaging Conference in Calgary. Maybe someday I'll take in the whole conference. But I did come home with a new tripod. A Vanguard Alta Pro 253CT. It is carbon fibre and has rotating centre column. Won the 2009 TIPA Award - a little old but hey, it was best in the class of the day can't be all bad.

It came with a TBH-100 Ballhead. I found it really tight fit to force the quick release/ carry speed connection piece on. That same plate/connector has no problem on either my Benro B0 or Joby "X" but had to really work to get it on. The quick release QS-60 they supplied went on easily. I'm out of town right now, when I get back home I'll have to see if my other plates have any issues. Maybe the "Carry Speed" plate is just a half a mm to wide - a file should fix that

Vanguard Alta Pro 253CT.jpgVanguard SB100DSC_0699 -1.jpg

Going out on a shoot tomorrow and will take it though it's paces.

Last edited:

Elliot87

So instead of quelling my "NAS" buying a 200-500mm lens has had the opposite effect as I have ended up going on a bit of a shopping spree this month.

I picked up a Red Snapper RST 283 tripod and a BK-45 Gimbal head (one of the cheap ones on Amazon) and my first impressions of both are good, although I have very little to compare them too. The tripod feels solid, well made and is not too heavy and the gimbal head feels smooth and is easy enough to set the tension so it will hold my camera steady whilst still able to move freely with little effort.

DSC_0339.jpg
DSC_0341.jpg

A bonus about the tripod is that the company has a special offer on with a 3 way head thrown in for free. The RSH 24 head they offered was of little use to me and is rated at just 3kg, however it was out of stock so they substituted it with a usually more expensive head RSH 528 rated to carry 6kg, so I can use it with my 200-500 should I want to. It might be ok on my monopod just using the tilt function. The tripod also comes with a very nice bag and comfortable strap.

DSC_0347.jpg
DSC_0348.jpg

The extra weight of my new lens has also encouraged me to get a more substantial strap, so I picked up the Joby Utrafit sling strap. Very very happy with this strap thus far.
Camera Strap | Ultra Fit Sling Strap | JOBY.com

Joby sling strap.jpg

Finally I needed a way to keep my 200-500 safe when not in use as Nikon are tight and don't see the need to provide their customers with a reasonable case with their £1000+ lens. I opted for a Lowepro 13x32cm lens case and it fits like a glove with the lens hood reversed and tripod collar still on.
Lowepro 13 x 32cm Lens Case - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

So I think that's all I need for a while, but is it all I want? I've saved some money on some of the buys, especially the tripod and I hope that leaves me finances to get a Tokina 11-16mm sometime soon. I'm just hoping I haven't fallen into the trap of buy cheap buy twice. I don't think I have but time will tell.

F & F2 Man

1464080.jpg
Kodak Kodafix

5050851_Kodak_Tmax_Dev_s.jpg
Kodak TMAX Developer

Next some Tmax 400......
I usually use HC110 1:60, but, I may get tighter grain with TMAX...(HC110 is not a recommended developer for Tmax films...) Why? My guess is that produces a slight grain look over the TMAX. Though HC110 does produce great shadows... almost impossible to blow shadows with HC110. Highlights are great also...

Last edited: