post your aviation shots!

nikonpup

my first long distance air ride was in a connie. P1010079.JPG

My very first long distance air ride was in a Douglas DC-3 or as the US Navy refers to them as a C-47 Dakota. I don't have any pictures of that plane as I was only 3 weeks old when I took that flight, from New York's Laguardia Airfield to Cristobal Panama, Canal Zone Naval Air Station. My mother and I were flying down to the Canal Zone to join up with my father at his new duty assignment. He had already been there 2 weeks when we arrived. I stayed in Panama 4 years before returning to the USA.

If it was Navy, it was very likely an R4D Skytrain or C-117 Skytrooper. The Army and Air Force used the C-47 designation.

Actually my father says it was a commercial TransAir DC-3 flight. Went from Laguardia to Raleigh, NC. to Jacksonville, FL. to Miami, FL. to Guantanamo, Cuba (which wasn't fenced off then) To Balboa, Panama Canal Zone.

RockyNH_RIP

Here are a couple from Fantasy of Flight in Lakeland FL. I had a lot of static shots but these were in flight..

IMG_3197.jpg IMG_3198.jpg

and a bell helicopter (H13) Korean War Vintage done in the colors of the M.A.S.H. 4077TH colors..

IMG_3187.jpg

Enjoy everyone, until next time....

Pat in NH

Belo

Found myself at the end of the runway today and happen to catch this bird as it took off.

Attachments

• VIS_0857-2.jpg
    VIS_0857-2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 117
Last edited: