Photos from the D3200

shungokusatsu29

Putting my new 35mm to use! I have a 50mm that I just received yesterday and I plan on doing some long exposure shots! The bohkeh shot is slightly edited ;)

553052_10151515302586502_1950516904_n.jpg

marce

Feilong29, firstly a very nice dreamy picture, nice to see photo with darker tones. I will be very interested to hear how you get on with the 50mm on the D3200. I have been using one for about a month and currently have mixed feelings...though most of the discord is due to my technique with the lens, the VR lenses allow me to shoot down to 1/30 with no problem, with the 50mm I keep forgetting there is no VR:(
Been on new granddaughter photos last couple of days (she'2 2.5 days at the moment)...so a new victim has been added to the Family, and at the moment she doesn't moan when the camera is pointed at her.
Also an eclectic mix of some more shots taken with my D3200...
Have Fun
Marc

Attachments

• Blackburn Cathedral-3.jpg
    Blackburn Cathedral-3.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 185
  • Cactus-1.jpg
    Cactus-1.jpg
    368.4 KB · Views: 180
  • Church-1.jpg
    Church-1.jpg
    614.1 KB · Views: 147
  • Clock-1.jpg
    Clock-1.jpg
    747.5 KB · Views: 161
  • Eye-1.jpg
    Eye-1.jpg
    497.5 KB · Views: 163
  • Lexi_1st-0-1.jpg
    Lexi_1st-0-1.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 169
  • Lexi_1st-1.jpg
    Lexi_1st-1.jpg
    344.7 KB · Views: 154
  • Orchid_BW-01-1.jpg
    Orchid_BW-01-1.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 173
  • Orchid-Pod-1.jpg
    Orchid-Pod-1.jpg
    555.3 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Been on new granddaughter photos last couple of days (she'2 2.5 days at the moment)...so a new victim has been added to the Family, and at the moment she doesn't moan when the camera is pointed at her.

Marc

Congrats on the granddaughter.

marce

Thanks, She is grand-brat number 8:fatigue: They were one of the main reasons I got back into photography, to get decent pictures of the family. They are not very co-operative though, I think it is a crime when you have to pay Family members to pose!!!:D

shungokusatsu29

Wow, these shots are amazing! I got the 50mm just to complete a growing collection of lenses! I will be getting a 55-300mm later this year, I think. I think I will like the 50mm just as much as the 35; but it will have it's specific usages though (close-ups, portraits) but I really want to do some comparisons b/t the two (long exposure and such) and see which I like better. I mainly got the 35mm to record guitar videos and it's great that both the 35mm/50mm are at f1.8 on it's lowest aperture setting. I tried to do some bohkeh shots with my 18-55mm, not realizing it only went down to f5.6 and was soooo disappointed! I really want to get into this photography, heavily, and see just how much I can progress with it. It's going to be on hanging out at a busy intersection, waiting for the "right" shot!

I have a 3 year old who is photogenic but, she would have to've woken up in a good mood that day, haha! I'll be trying to get some b-day pics tomorrow; wish me luck and continued luck to you! Congrats as well on the new addition to the family :D

marce

Thanks.
Ace pet shots, especially where there poses match, are they siblings. An interesting juxtaposition, my beloved pets below, one brown one black. The close ups were shot using the Tamron 60mm f2 macro, one of my favourite lenses (the trouble is so is the 35mm and the 50-300mm).

Attachments

• Cats-1.jpg
    Cats-1.jpg
    415.7 KB · Views: 176
  • Cats-2.jpg
    Cats-2.jpg
    825.6 KB · Views: 151
  • Cats2-1.jpg
    Cats2-1.jpg
    391.6 KB · Views: 168

shungokusatsu29

I had a failed attempt at doing a sunlight session :/ I couldn't figure out the right combination of aperture and shutter speed :/ Some are more edited than others:

DSC_0398.jpgDSC_0407.jpgDSC_0410.jpgDSC_0398.jpgDSC_0407.jpgDSC_0410.jpg

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Well thank you! I'm REALLY surprised anyone likes my shots, especially since I just started taking pics last week. I have a long ways to go but that's part of the adventure :D

We all started out new at one time or another. Hopefully we all progress. Keep shooting.

marce

I've been taking photography seriously again for just over a year, and still have a long way to go. The best practice is taking pictures, and learning from mistakes. I need to do more practice with focus modes, as I have always stayed pretty safe and chosen easy shots, but recently went to an Owl Sanctuary, where I shot the Owl photo earlier. I also shot a few of the birds in flight and can say that I managed to get just about everything in focus apart from the birds! So I need to practice on moving subjects, though my biggest novice mistake is rushing, I need to stand back sometimes before I start shooting and assess things more, I miss more good shots by firing off without reflection on what I want to achieve and setting my camera up, changing ISO and forgetting is a favourite. But the more I shoot the better I get gradually. I think learning Lightroom and processing RAW files is another important learning curve, to get the best from your shots.
Anyway a few more shots, D3200 55-300mm f4.5/5.6 DX lens, taken at a local wildlife reserve.
Keep the pics coming;)

Attachments

• Swan-1.jpg
    Swan-1.jpg
    806.7 KB · Views: 135
  • Swan-2.jpg
    Swan-2.jpg
    732.7 KB · Views: 143
  • Swan-3.jpg
    Swan-3.jpg
    592.6 KB · Views: 128

brads

2 macros I just shot of embroidery from a Japanese Uchikake (Wedding Kimono). Both areas are about an inch wide in reality. Lightened the first and made them both smaller for uploading.

DSC_2127.jpg DSC_2140.jpg