Photos from the D3200

Kodiak

In an attempt to show the breadth of people's creative skills using the D3200, it was suggested I start a thread encouraging people to post their photos here, using that camera. I don't mind if they've been digitally enhanced but it would be good if posters told us about their work. But any image from the D3200, is most welcome. Cheers, Brad :) This cream lotus flower was my first attempt at shooting flowers in the field. Some people dislike the blue, out of focus, foreground. Others like it. Personal choice I guess.​

Man, I love the light on this!

Well done, Brad!

Jillspinsaround

Playing with marbles. Taken in a dark room with a flashlight.

Marbles  colored:clear.jpg

brads

Taken at Hastings, Victoria, Australia. Sunrise. Cropping only. Using the 18-55 kit lens.
Cheers, Brad. :D

DSC_1090.jpg

brads

My first trip in a balloon. We travelled over the wine country of Victoria, Australia. The Yarra Valley. Misty. I used the 18-55 kit lens I think. I took these photos on Automatic because I was afraid of screwing them up. After all, it was probably the last time I'd go in a balloon! Cheers, Brad :D

Balloons_edited-1.jpg

brads

There were about 30 of us with tripods, various cameras. "Sound triggered flash". We all focussed on the subject (in this case a balloon covered with silly string) and then the lights were turned off. 'Everyone open their shutters', which we did. The demonstrator smacked the balloon with a hammer, setting off the flash, making our exposures. There were some fascinating images. All manner of things were photographed. Pencils, balloons with powder, balloons inside balloons and multiple exposures of different balloons bursting. Cheers, Brad :D

DSC_1767 copy.jpg DSC_1783 copy.jpg DSC_1756 copy.jpg

marce

A portrait of sorts, I had a play in Colour EFfex Pro to soft focus etc. Some excellent photos, like the bursting balloon shots.

Attachments

• A daughter-1.jpg
    A daughter-1.jpg
    378.3 KB · Views: 215

brads

I prefer Jillspinsaround's pic of marbles but thought I'd have a go at it myself. 40mm lens under LED lighting. A lot more mood in the other pic. But hey, it gives me something to aspire to. Cheers, Brad :)

MarblesWide.jpg Marbles Close.jpg

brads

Using the Nikkor 40mm2.8G lens, I wanted to capture water boiling in a glass jug. Lightened & Cropped. Cheers, Brad :)

water_boiling.jpg

brads

Another couple of pics using the same technique. This time using the 18-55mm Nikkor lens. Photoshopped the second image. Cheers, Brad :)

WaterBoiling2.jpg DSC_1996.jpg

brads

Misty, cold & wet here in Melbourne at the moment. Our Dandenong Ranges have some beautiful areas. Cheers, Brad :)

DSC_2116.jpg DSC_2077.jpg