Pete's Studio Project

Mike150

First coat of paint in the studio!

I did not realize that I have not taken any pictures of the sheetrock stage! How-ever, I am pretty sure that most everyone here understands that the paint usually goes on AFTER the sheetrock is hung.
2nd coat goes on today and then the textured ceiling goes on tomorrow.

Have you considered texturing the walls as well. Might cut back on some of the glare you'd get from a smooth wall.

AxeMan - Rick S.

Looking good Pete. :cool: I think your white balance might be off on that can of paint, try taking it back and tell them that. Never mind, just switch it to full auto it will correct itself. :p

Carolina Photo Guy

Looking good Pete. :cool: I think your white balance might be off on that can of paint, try taking it back and tell them that. Never mind, just switch it to full auto it will correct itself. :p

I tried using the "AUTO" settings on the can of paint. For the 2nd coat, I am going to go full "MANUAL" and see what happens! :confused:

Tell Chris that I said Howdy and hurry up and get better. We miss her. :)

Browncoat

Have you considered texturing the walls as well. Might cut back on some of the glare you'd get from a smooth wall.
I recently painted my own home studio white with the same concerns. As long as you use satin finish paint (which is low gloss) you will not have glare issues.

The biggest thing is to make sure you're using a variation of pure white. Using "Almond" or any variation that adds yellow to the paint mix will give you fits in the studio.

fotojack

This project is taking way too long, Pete! Let's get a hustle on there, OK? I'm anxious to see the finished studio! ;) I know I know........I'm impatient sometimes! :)

Carolina Photo Guy

This project is taking way too long, Pete! Let's get a hustle on there, OK? I'm anxious to see the finished studio! ;) I know I know........I'm impatient sometimes! :)

With Jack in mind...

Waiting on Baseboard.jpg

The floor is installed and I am waiting on the baseboard.

The next shots you see will be the studio decorated and ready to go.

Browncoat

That's a mighty fine wall, Pete. Great place for a 52" wall mounted flat screen. Then we can all watch next year's Super Bowl in your new man cave!

Dave Hamilton

WOW!!! I have to say that there are no superlatives higher than WOW!!! You have done an amazing job with this project!!! I just read this thread for the first time today and I'm blown away. You want to come build one in my back yard!?!?!?!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!