New Tamron 150-600mm f5-6.3

Geoffc

Holy crap, that thing looks like a bazooka when mounted and extended. Looking forward to some riveting samples by the FX crowd here.

I think you'll find the DX 7100 gives the best resolution with this for most things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SkvLTD

That price tag though.... and considering that it's still a variable zoom, so performance out on the 600 end could be a bit iffy.

Bigfatmole

Hi guys I got my Tamron 150-600 yesterday , and its fantastic . It knocks spots of the sigma in a back to back test I carried out . I've uploaded some shots all at 600 , all but 2 are straight out of camera BUT NO sharpening has been added to any of the shots . All are handheld . The bird on wall is at 420mm. Please note the forum seems to degrade the photo so its hard to see just how good this lens is, but to give you and idea , a good friend of mine is now considering this lens instead of the L series zoom he was going to purchase .

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

ajsorrell

Hey Bigfatmole. I'm curious when you ordered yours (pre-ordered) to get it already. I want to order one but would need to receive it before mid July... I'm not sure thats possible.

kevchenco

Hey people - I am new to the forum and new to wildlife photography and was looking for some advice. I picked up this Tamron lens on friday for my D3200 and have been testing it over the weekend. However, since I have had the lens it has lost connection with my camera on two occasions.
It seemed to occur when I moved the heavy lens barrel to zoom as there is a bit more rotational wriggle room when the lens is in the socket when compared to my other nikon DX lenses. I think the contacts were distrurbed
I cannot repeat the fault manually and since the second occasion I have cleaned the contacts (although the camera is only 10 months old).
Is this something in my technique - when you zoom a heavy lens should you use the camera to resist the torque? The only other way I thought was using your left hand fingers to turn the lens whilst resting the tripod mount in your palm.

Wondering whether this lens should be going back to the shop?

mikew_RIP

Hey people - I am new to the forum and new to wildlife photography and was looking for some advice. I picked up this Tamron lens on friday for my D3200 and have been testing it over the weekend. However, since I have had the lens it has lost connection with my camera on two occasions.
It seemed to occur when I moved the heavy lens barrel to zoom as there is a bit more rotational wriggle room when the lens is in the socket when compared to my other nikon DX lenses. I think the contacts were distrurbed
I cannot repeat the fault manually and since the second occasion I have cleaned the contacts (although the camera is only 10 months old).
Is this something in my technique - when you zoom a heavy lens should you use the camera to resist the torque? The only other way I thought was using your left hand fingers to turn the lens whilst resting the tripod mount in your palm.

Wondering whether this lens should be going back to the shop?

The obvious question is how are you carrying the outfit,it should be so the lens supports the camera not the other way round.

kevchenco

I have been carrying around by the tripod mount with normal nikon neck strap (i have a screw in shoulder strap on the way). When shooting supporting the lens with left hand and camera in the right

mikew_RIP

I had a couple of miss shots on my D7000 and Sigma 120-400 they where nearly black,never did find the reason for it,so long as you are not carriying on the neck strap connected to the camera and round you neck that should rule out stress on the cameras lens mount.