New Forum

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
So far, this will only work in the new media gallery. On the old site, this was a custom addition.

It's in the correct forum, it's just pushed down because there are a bunch of old stuck threads.
Ah ... got it! Thanks. I didn't look down far enough I guess.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I tried the media tab yesterday. I had to create a new folder. I loaded about four photos. Couldn't find them again.

Fred Kingston

So far, this will only work in the new media gallery. On the old site, this was a custom addition.

It's in the correct forum, it's just pushed down because there are a bunch of old stuck threads.

Ugh... It does show in the media section...that's gonna be ugly for all our competitions that are time/date sensitive...

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

But wait... the threads that are above this one - were they stickies on the old forum? :unsure: I will have to look into that.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
And to answer my own question, it appears they are stickies from the old forum. I don't see any visual way to tell, but when I looked at editing options for one of those threads above this one, it indicated the thread was already a sticky.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
On another forum, when things were merged over from their old forum, the old threads wound up being all out of order. But that doesn't appear to be what's happening here. These appear to be legit stickies but no way to tell just by looking at them.

nikonbill

Contributor
Lots of improvement - I was able to edit a post and post "likes"

Also no "approval needed message"

👍👍

Last edited:

Peter7100

Minor thought.........if someone posts a new thread it is not immediately obvious if they are new to the forum eg a spammer, as the number of posts that person has already made does not show unless you hover over their icon. Just a thought :unsure:

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Testing the media section by sharing an image from my media's gallery. I have no idea how to share from Media. If anyone wishes to use my image to share, please go ahead. I copied the URL from Media and tried to insert it in the Image option. All I see is a huge red X over my file while I'm writing this.

_5dx3732-low-res-jpg.6

Needa

Challenge Team
full

Works if you bring up the image in media then right click, then copy link and use that for the link and not the generated one.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
full

Works if you bring up the image in media then right click, then copy link and use that for the link and not the generated one.
But the EXIF isn't displaying on the forum although it's showing up as data in the Media section. Marilynne said jdeg said EXIF is supposed to show up when shared from Media. Do you see any other way to do that?

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
But the EXIF isn't displaying on the forum although it's showing up as data in the Media section. Marilynne said jdeg said EXIF is supposed to show up when shared from Media. Do you see any other way to do that?
No, I meant it is in the Media section. It won't be over the image like it was previously. That would require custom work.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
@jdeg

How do we change a thread title? The weekly challenge date needs to be changed from 15 to 29. I tried clicking EDIT but nothing happened.

Do I still have admin/moderator privileges?

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
@jdeg

How do we change a thread title? The weekly challenge date needs to be changed from 15 to 29. I tried clicking EDIT but nothing happened.

Do I still have admin/moderator privileges?
Marilynne, go to the thread. Click the 3 dots on the upper right of the thread. Click Edit Thread. Change the title. Click SAVE (don't click Delete). That should do it.