Negotiating Mall Space

Rick M

A few shots,

20151211_114938.jpg

20151211_114918.jpg

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Very professional looking. Of course, we wouldn't expect anything less from you. Good luck on the booth and your success.

Carroll

Very organized and professional looking, Rick.

For some reason, my eyes went immediately to the Bulldozer...lol.

Lots of Eye Candy for people to take home with them. You will do Great, I am sure.

Rick M

First day down and a slow start as expected. Covered my daily cost of the lease (lease amount by day + cost of product to cover) and a small profit. There is a craft show going on in the mall and those folks suffered. Saturday should be good. 80% of my sales were credit cards, Square is a great tool. I prefer credit over cash now, don't have to deal with change and the money is dropped in my account within 2 business days. Nice having a spot you can leave your stuff set up, There is a big locking canopy that covers it securely overnight. The base is all lockable storage, so when I am gone Monday and Tuesday I can still leave all my stuff in the base.

Last edited:

Rick M

Weekend update! Saturday was strong and today was crazy! Sunday actually put us over the total cost of the lease and product cost to cover. I've never had a Sunday beat a Saturday, a very pleasant surprise! I have to go into work Monday and Tuesday, from there I'm on vacation to be at the mall. Frames paid off, sold 24 framed prints over the weekend which accounted for about 30% of sales. My price points are $25 (8x10) and $35 (11x14) for the framed prints, cost at $7 and $10 respectfully (frame and print). From today until Christmas Eve it's 78% profit on all sales (after 3 years of shows I've determined my average raw product cost to be 22% of sales after space cost is met). I'll update next week, the hours are going to be crazy, but we are having a lot of fun!

Rick M

On a side note, I met a guy selling products from his local "yuppie" farm. He was a very entertaining salesman engaging his potential customers with a very concise verbal discussion of his product. We talked a lot over the weekend, my wife and I decided this morning to be more "engaging" (instead of just waiting for sales to "happen"}. We weren't annoying, but more attentive and I took every opportunity to explain HDR. I think it made a pretty significant difference.