Not open for further replies.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Entry 1
csc_0058_1750.jpg

Mike150

After seeing all the Awesome shots you guys put up already, I almost didn't post this one.
First time in a long time I've ventured out of my comfort zone, and went to some soccer games my grand daughters were playing. I stumbled across these little things (I think it's a daisy but not sure) Anyway Shot 1 for me.
Flower (1 of 1).jpg

ShootingStar

I need a little clarification on the parameters this assignment. For this assignment are we to:

a. Set camera to B&W mode
b. Take a color image and use Photoshop to turn it into a B&W image
c. Either a or b
d. Something totally different (and if so, please explain)

Thanks!

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I need a little clarification on the parameters this assignment. For this assignment are we to:

a. Set camera to B&W mode
b. Take a color image and use Photoshop to turn it into a B&W image
c. Either a or b
d. Something totally different (and if so, please explain)

Thanks!

From the first page just to provide you the clarification.

Still-life Flower(s) in Black and White

Any photo will be accepted for the assignment. Edited/straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the assignment subject.

derekthetree

Hello all,

I newly registered to the site but have been a lurker for about 6mths since deciding to buy an SLR.

Spotted this comp and thought I'd have a go in my garden yesterday, not really done B+W before, makes you think a bit harder as I like bright colours in my photos.
My three entries attached below.

DSC_3397.jpg DSC_3398.jpg DSC_3399.jpg

WhiteLight

I ain't saying this just for the heck of it, but every single photo in this thread is just awesomely beautiful...
Good luck to the moderators to judge this one :devilish:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Here's my first for this month's assignment: D700, 1/500s, f5.6 iso 3200, sigma 105 macro 2.8

pensée B&W.jpg

ShallowShannon

This is a great assignment, something I like but haven't taken the time to try. Thanks to whom ever takes the time to do these challenges. (Dave?) This will be my first entry, I have a couple more but I want to see if I can come up with something better.

Mimosa Tree

Ironwood

Here's my 2nd entry.

Nikon D7100, Nikkor micro AF55D f2.8, f6.3. 0.5 second, iso100.

DSC_0416 (2).jpg

​B&W certainly takes a bit more thought than just shooting a colour pic.

ShallowShannon

Entry #2
I'm not sure what this flower is I thought it was a weed but it comes back every year on my fence line.

D3100
55mm
f/5.6
1/160 sec.
ISO 400

Status
Not open for further replies.