Marcel's 2017 photos, Nikon and Mirrorless.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
A bit of color for this grey wintery day.

MCA_4152.jpg

MCA_4160.jpg

MCA_4166.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Few shots from our winter carnaval here in Sherbrooke with the grand daughter that I'll be sitting while her mom is vacationing.

1MC_6101.jpg

1MC_6149.jpg

1MC_6195.jpg

1MC_6218.jpg

1MC_6221.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
And then these two of the owl.

1MC_6153.jpg

1MC_6159-2.jpg

Attachments

• 1MC_6159.jpg
    1MC_6159.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Blade Canyon

Great pics, as always. On my uncalibrated monitor, it looks like the owl could use a bit more punch (contrast or vibrance or dehazing), whereas the cat in the red tent looks perfect.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Great pics, as always. On my uncalibrated monitor, it looks like the owl could use a bit more punch (contrast or vibrance or dehazing), whereas the cat in the red tent looks perfect.
Yes, I agree with you but think this might be a lens thing. Or when I did process the bird the light in the room where I was got disturbing. But I can go back to LR and do some corrections.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
You were absolutely right. I did revisit the second picture and did some corrections. I left the original version as an attachment so you can see the difference.

So thanks for the hindsight.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
One picture and a bit of photoshop can create amazing things. A bit abstract, but some interesting elements that grab the eyes.

Df, Tamron 28-200.

MCC_9979.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I just realized that, even with your newer DSLRs, you are still taking the D700 out to play.
As much as I would like to sell the D700 because it's my older body, I can't get myself to let it go. It has NEVER failed me. OK, a little less resolution, but I use it to my advantage by using cheaper and lighter lenses on it. My old Tamron 28-200 for example is good, but never as good as the Nikkor 70-200. But it's so much lighter that I love to tag it along and with the D700's resolution, I still can get great shots.