Marcel's 2017 photos, Nikon and Mirrorless.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Pictures of the day in Orford Provincial Park.

DSC_7496-Modifier.jpg

DSC_7524.jpg

DSC_7525.jpg

DSC_7543-Modifier.jpg

DSC_7555-Modifier.jpg

This last one is a vertical stitch of 7 horizontal shots. The PSD file makes around 420 Megapixels... So it's been severely compressed for this forum.
stitched vertical pano.jpg

Stoshowicz

Some subjects do have more impact in B&W rather than in color. What do you think?
And the person who put up that fence is guilty of landscape injury.

View attachment 240717

View attachment 240718

While I recognize most folks want to show and get pristine nature photos , This particular photo takes me back to living in New York as a kid , it reminded me of a park near my home and the emotional impact of seeing the snow burying the chain link fence , is far stronger than the base of trees with snow on them even if its not particularly deep.
It doesnt really matter to me whether it was in color , or black and white , (unless perhaps you used an infrared filter or something on the black and white to show the branches preferentially ).. I suppose its because ,The real visual impact as I saw it, wasNT highly colored but black and white , due to snow clouded sky etc. certainly not bright blue down to a treeline. I dont know if the impact would be the same for todays generation who grew up with everyone owning color tv's ,, but to me the color isnt important either way. I enjoyed this image and the ones through the ice , a lot.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
A few pics done today with my D7100, Tamron 17-50 2,8 and Nikon 180 D 2,8.

Fresco in local underground parking lot.
N71_3317.jpg

Beheaded.
N71_3327.jpg

Against the current, brave dog.
à contre courant.jpg

Ice mountain
glaces12.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
We had freezing rain this morning. Great to be retired and not having to drive. Few shots from around the house.

MCA_3978.jpg

MCA_4023.jpg

MCA_4044.jpg

MCA_4048.jpg

MCA_4049.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
More ice shots I did yesterday.

I wish I could have done this "Creature" before the end of the weekly challenge...

Monstre de glace.jpg

And then a few for my Abstract light group:

glace 16.jpg

MCA_4080.jpg

MCA_4120.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
This might be my second "selective color" shot and I hope I'm not going to do it too often but I thought it would work with this shot.

1MC_5973.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Today's pics plus a composite made with one of today's with an older pic done with the Fuji X-E2

1MC_5989.jpg

1MC_5994.jpg

1MC_5999.jpg

1MC_6013.jpg

This is the composite

un monde incompris.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
We got about 2 feet of snow yesterday and last night so I decided to work on some of my previously taken shots with photoshop. It didn't take long before something happened with a scrapped burnt car picture I took last November. Here's the final image.
"When Hell freezes over"

When hell freezes over.jpg