Manhole Covers Plus

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I never paid attention to manhole covers until reading this thread! So far I haven't found anything out of the ordinary. :(

Marilynne, the first thing that popped into my mind after seeing your image is the poem that contains "Water, water, every where, nor any drop to drink" from The Rime of the Ancient Mariner. :)

There are a lot of manhole covers out there. Keep looking!

nikonpup

found one during tour of wild horse wind farm. D600 420.jpg

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
A couple from today's bike ride

A cover inside a cover
dsc_0030_1996.jpg

This one is an antique and on the wrong side of FL

dsc_0019_1995.jpg

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I was almost afraid to take this shot. This was the manhole cover I had tried to shoot when the D5100 ran out of film.
dsc_0058_2165.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
There are a lot of manhole covers out there. Keep looking!

I've kept watch--I actually notice manhole covers now because of this thread. :)

While I haven't found anything ornate or highly unusual, these two made me chuckle. Alone, neither one attracts attention, but they were side-by-side. :D Anyone remember when Ma Bell and ATT competed and reigned as local and long distance phone services?!! ;) And another thing that made me laugh is that this wasn't taken in NJ (notice the 2nd photo). :highly_amused:

032resize.jpg

033resize.jpg

JohnB

​I just got back from a trip to Eastern Europe. Here is an interesting manhole cover in Bratislava, Slovakia. His name is 'Cumil'.

_DSC2041.jpg

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Manhole Covers at a rest stop in SC.

If you look close at this one, the C is missing for Carolina, but the '.' is there.
dsc_3990_3078.jpg

dsc_3971_3069.jpg

dsc_3976_3071.jpg