Life in Scotland

Roy1961

Contributor
i saw one caber getting tossed backwards last year, people running everywhere, lol, no one got hit. never even got a shot.

Felisek

I know there will be some lens compression but that photographer looks a bit too close for comfort :D

You are absolutely right! I didn't notice that, but the guy next to the landing caber is not even looking. The other photographer seems to be more concerned.

1MG_7045.jpg

Fortkentdad

Excellent! It would be interesting to compare Scottish and Californian Highland Games! Do they also wear kilts in California?

Don't know about Highland Games in California but we have many Highland Games here in Canada and you will see many in their kilts - although for many of the competitors for the games they break the rules and do not wear them the traditional way by wearing the kilt over shorts.

Caber Toss _DSC7218 -1.jpg

Felisek

Whisky

Usquebaugh, the water of life. This is what Scotland is famous for all over the world. Here is one of the numerous distilleries in Speyside, the whisky country.

This is the actual distillery building, where barley is fermented and distilled (double distillation process). Unfortunately, photography was not allowed inside.

1MG_8089.jpg

You can just see one of the copper stills through the window, to the left of this boy peeking at me.

1MG_8090.jpg

They let you take pictures inside their shop...

1MG_8087.jpg

One of the best whisky shops in the country (Tomintoul). They stock over 500 malt whiskies.

1MG_8103.jpg

Felisek

Castles

Believe it or not, this is also part of "life in Scotland". There are many inhabited castles in Scotland, this is one of them, Ballindalloch castle, which is the family home for Macpherson-Grants. Right now it is occupied by Mrs Nancy Russell, Lord Lieutenant of Banffshire. Part of the castle is open to the public in the summer. The weather is typically Scottish when I took these pictures...

1MG_8153.jpg

1MG_8160_HDR2.jpg

Felisek

Beach

A Scottish beach is not exactly like a typical French Riviera picture postcard view. This is the North Sea, temperatures a a little lower and it is not always sunny :eek:. Nonetheless, as you can see there are some brave souls in water. The main activity on our beaches is walking. Dog-walking, quite often.

1MG_9001.jpg

1MG_9005.jpg

1MG_9012.jpg

Last edited: