JoeLewisPhoto's Picture Thread

JoeLewisPhotography

Re: Project 365 - 2011 JoeLewisPhoto

Thanks. Timing is easy, as i shot it with a long shutter speed, in complete darkness...I manually hit the flash (off camera) as the coins hit the table. I had an amazing shot...all coins formed a perfect arch...but forgot to lower the ISO from a previous shot so it came out way too grainy.

fotojack

Joe, you're getting pretty good at this photography stuff, bud. ;) Awesome shots of the Niagara River and the rose. Just beautiful. :)

JoeLewisPhotography

008/365
"Blue Crossing"

365008.jpg

Browncoat

Pretty awesome work there, Joe. You forgot to address the sky area between the trusses on the bridge. It's a lot lighter than the rest of the sky.

;)

JoeLewisPhotography

Thanks. The part in the sky you are referring to, I didn't forget. There was just no additional color to pull out of that area...mostly because the sky is pretty accurate to how it actually was. I did a bracket of 3 and shot in raw so I pulled out what I could.

JoeLewisPhotography

009/365
"Yahtzee!"

Welp, I pulled this one out of my butt tonight. I would like to revisit this one again someday... but pay close attention....notice how the position of the dice coming out of the cup are almost exactly how they are on the box....couldn't do that again if I tried.

365009.jpg

AxeMan - Rick S.

Joe nice shot.. Your hand position on the cup and the and the angle of the cup are so close. Ok, we dropped coins and dice on your table, can't wait to see what you drop next..

JoeLewisPhotography

Thanks! Ill have to check the exif but. I believe it was around a 3 second speed..in total darkness. I did it on the timer...when the shutter opened the wife threw the dice (her hand) and I hit the flash (off camera) to the left, just as the dice hit the table....this one i actually fired a tad early than previous shots....but it worked out.

Flash is a SB-600 equipped with a GF collapsable lightsphere. My only regret was that I held the flash a bit too close. I like how the dice lit up, but the light was a bit harsh and direct. I should have pointed it more toward the ceiling. Same process I used for the coins, in which case it worked because there wasn't anything in the background. My mistakes only make me a better photographer....so I don't mind making them and learning from them :)

Last edited:

JoeLewisPhotography

010/365
"Pssssssssssttt"

Ok, so the creative juices just weren't flowing today. Had an exhausting day, and the last thing I wanted to do was take pictures. So this is what I came up with in a pinch...nice and simple...following suit with freezing motion. Tomorrow I should be back on track.

365010.jpg

JoeLewisPhotography

ugh, i am only 10 days in...i am trying to stay creative..its the toughest during the week....when you get out of work and its practically dark by the time you get home..weather is crap, then go through the routine of 2 kids, homework, dinner etc etc....all of a sudden the day is almost gone and you got nothing.