Hello Camera - my daily photos

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
From wedding to..:

daniella_5662_web.jpg


daniella_5662_copy_web.jpg



Not sure if it should be b/w or color.

​


Hmm. Usually when I see side-by-side comparisons of a B&W vs. color version, I like one better than another; however, in this case, I like both and can't decide! ;) Great job on both! :)
 

wud

Senior Member
Hmm. Usually when I see side-by-side comparisons of a B&W vs. color version, I like one better than another; however, in this case, I like both and can't decide! ;) Great job on both! :)

I cant decide either, that a first. But if most of the others will be in colors, then I'll make it in b/w.

why all the head room?

Because I like it that way, actually I would have preferred a bit of space on left side too, but baby wasn't cooperative.
 

wud

Senior Member
The earlier picture ended up as B/W, and then this one in color - this is much warmer in the colors, think thats best for a baby:


daniella_5610_web.jpg
 

wud

Senior Member
Just a mobile picture, I thought you might be starting to miss pictures of my funny dog - an apple a day, no way, he says, lol:


11092013186.jpg
 

wud

Senior Member
Gave my 50mm lens to someone today so he could try it out for some days, maybe he'll buy it. Hurts deep inside! But I dont really trust it, so I dont dare to use it. Maybe its dumb.
Thinking of either getting Nikon 50mm or save up for 24-70mm. Used prices are $1450 here. I looked at Amazon too, but not sure if I dare, what if its not working and I cant get my money back. And with customs, it probably wont be much cheaper anyway.
 

Billy Y.

Senior Member
I gave the Nikon 50 1.4 a try last year and the copy I got needed a -20 af fine tune, which got it to acceptable but it was still a little off (especially at 1.4) so I sent it back. I've been using the Sigma 1.4 - which is nice and sharp with just a slight fine tune although I was shooting my dog with it the other day while she was jumping around and noticed that the AF just couldn't quite keep up. I got some keepers - but a small percentage compared to shooting her running with the 70-200. I'm actually thinking of ditching it and my 300 for the 24-70, sure you lose a stop, but so many times with my 50 on I wish I could just zoom in or out a little bit, and I definitely trust Nikon AF more than Sigma.
 

wud

Senior Member
I gave the Nikon 50 1.4 a try last year and the copy I got needed a -20 af fine tune, which got it to acceptable but it was still a little off (especially at 1.4) so I sent it back. I've been using the Sigma 1.4 - which is nice and sharp with just a slight fine tune although I was shooting my dog with it the other day while she was jumping around and noticed that the AF just couldn't quite keep up. I got some keepers - but a small percentage compared to shooting her running with the 70-200. I'm actually thinking of ditching it and my 300 for the 24-70, sure you lose a stop, but so many times with my 50 on I wish I could just zoom in or out a little bit, and I definitely trust Nikon AF more than Sigma.

Glad you write this about the Nikon 50mm.

Yeah, the Sigma are really not good for action. I havent used it at all for dog pictures since I tried it first time, couldnt keep up at all. So only for people, but in some light conditions, I noticed it had some trouble too. Okay, you make me feel a little better about my almost-decision.

I've been using the 35mm more, the cat picture are with this, and its really a sweet lens. So sharp and pretty fast. Its hard to do a prober soft blur on the backgrounds, I think, but it makes the backgrounds good in its own way.

Well, if you got the 80-400mm, maybe you arent going to use the 300mm anyways.


Mai, excellent eye details!

Pat in NH

Thank you :eek: Cat eyes are amazing.

​
 

Billy Y.

Senior Member
Glad you write this about the Nikon 50mm.


I've been using the 35mm more, the cat picture are with this, and its really a sweet lens. So sharp and pretty fast. Its hard to do a prober soft blur on the backgrounds, I think, but it makes the backgrounds good in its own way.

Well, if you got the 80-400mm, maybe you arent going to use the 300mm anyways.




Thank you :eek: Cat eyes are amazing.

​
Yeah, the 80-400 is sharp enough and I find myself always grabing it over the 300. That 35mm F2 - Ive never used it, but your cat shot makes me want one. :)
anyways - very nice images!
 

wud

Senior Member
Been to Berlin, Germany. Oh you guys would go crazy if you went, such a beautiful city. Got so many old houses, trees everywhere, a lot of really interesting people. I didn't photograph so much, but got a little - I should finish the wedding pics before looking at Berlin though.

Hope you've been good!
 

wud

Senior Member
This guy got 4 years birthday today :heart: Picture are from january, we were in Sweden for dragging in proper snow.

269206_371703919593813_863902341_n.jpg
 
Top