1388091858905.jpg

1388091861738.jpg

1388091856586.jpg

1388091864532.jpg

1388091859752.jpg

1388091854552.jpg

1388091863375.jpg

Bill16

There is a protective plastic film on the LCD and though it looks like a scratch on the top center, it was just the plastic. The plastic is also peeling up on the right bottom corner, but I've ordered a better screen protector and will remove the film when it gets here! :D
The screen protector I bought is a GGS III glass screen protector for the Nikon D300, and I think it will be better protection! :D

Have any of you tried this product? I bought one for my D90 before I realized it already had a version of it on it when I got the camera! Lol :)

PS. All the photos I posted of the D300 were strait out of the D5100 except for resizing them in photoshop touch before uploading them.

Last edited:

Bill16

Thank you Bill! I'm loving it, and I think it's an awesome model for me! Maybe some day I'll move up to the Full Frame as I intend to and as you have my friend, but for now the D300 seems to cover my needs very well and I'm content!:D

Congratulations, I have a soft spot for the D300, all around a very good camera body.

Geoffc

There is a protective plastic film on the LCD and though it looks like a scratch on the top center, it was just the plastic. The plastic is also peeling up on the right bottom corner, but I've ordered a better screen protector and will remove the film when it gets here! :D
The screen protector I bought is a GGS III glass screen protector for the Nikon D300, and I think it will be better protection! :D

Have any of you tried this product? I bought one for my D90 before I realized it already had a version of it on it when I got the camera! Lol :)

PS. All the photos I posted of the D300 were strait out of the D5100 except for resizing them in photoshop touch before uploading them.

I have the ggs on a 300 and 800, although I'm not sure if the 800 has gorilla glass and doesn't need it.

Bill16

Cool! How well has it been working for you? I haven't had any issues where I can say it protected the LCD, that I know of. Have you?
I have the ggs on a 300 and 800, although I'm not sure if the 800 has gorilla glass and doesn't need it.

Geoffc

Cool! How well has it been working for you? I haven't had any issues where I can say it protected the LCD, that I know of. Have you?

No, I'm not sure if it's needed. I've taken the protector off my iPhone recently so I'm getting daring

Bill16

I'm just the other way around myself! Lol I use to be daring never using smartphone cases and screen protectors, and now I've become more careful! Lol :D
No, I'm not sure if it's needed. I've taken the protector off my iPhone recently so I'm getting daring

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Congrats Bill. I just bought a protective screen for my D3s eventhough most people recommends that it is not needed due to the material is supposed to be made out of toughened glass. I bought one anyway just for my own comfort and assurance. I feel the same way with my lenses. They all have a filter to protect the front element.

Bill16

I must admit that sadly I haven't been able to buy any filters for my lenses yet. This hobby has been draining every extra dollar that I can come up with and then some. I would like to get some filters, but something else always seems to grab my attention first. Now I'm dead broke and will have to wait till I can pay a credit card down before buying much of anything.

But I sure can't complain, after all the cameras and equipment I got in such a short time! Lol :D
My sweet wife has been an Angel of supportiveness, but I've reached the limit if of what money I could scrape up for my obsession for now at least. :(
Congrats Bill. I just bought a protective screen for my D3s eventhough most people recommends that it is not needed due to the material is supposed to be made out of toughened glass. I bought one anyway just for my own comfort and assurance. I feel the same way with my lenses. They all have a filter to protect the front element.

Just-Clayton

What kind of filters are you looking for? I bought a box of used filters last year and I don't use most of them. I'm not sure what I even have. Just no ND filters.

I must admit that sadly I haven't been able to buy any filters for my lenses yet. This hobby has been draining every extra dollar that I can come up with and then some. I would like to get some filters, but something else always seems to grab my attention first. Now I'm dead broke and will have to wait till I can pay a credit card down before buying much of anything.

But I sure can't complain, after all the cameras and equipment I got in such a short time! Lol :D
My sweet wife has been an Angel of supportiveness, but I've reached the limit if of what money I could scrape up for my obsession for now at least. :(

Bill16

To be honest, I'm not sure what filters I should use. I like the idea of filters that helps shoot through glass. I don't know which filter that would be! Lol But I'm open to suggestions and I'm interested if you have some filters your willing to part with. I guess it would depend on sizes too. :)
UV filters would be great too! :)
What kind of filters are you looking for? I bought a box of used filters last year and I don't use most of them. I'm not sure what I even have. Just no ND filters.

Last edited:

Bill16

Thank you! Yes it's an awesome camera, and I have no regrets at all getting mine! :D
It's a pro Nikon model and well worth the price I paid for sure! If you like the feel of it, and the more pro options and button setup I'd highly recommend getting one if you can afford it! :D
Congrats on the new camera, Bill!

My local store has a used D300 with grip at an awesome price. It has been sooooo tempting.

Blacktop

Mine is coming in 2 days, and I'm just as excited as you were.
I can't wait to see the post, when you're waiting for your D800.:eek: