Hark 2019

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
A few more photos from this weekend's Veterans Flag Memorial.

_10K0320 low res.jpg

_10K0343 low res.jpg

_10K0347 low res.jpg

_10K0352 low res.jpg

_10K0357 low res.jpg

_10K0454 low res.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
It's been a while since I posted. Yesterday I came across these very large fungi on the grounds of Pennsbury Manor (former homestead of William Penn). After posting in a local Facebook group, a few people said these fungi can adversely affect the roots of trees and tend to grow near older trees.

The larger two are at least 12" in diameter. The smaller one reminds me of a couple calzones. ;)

_10K1123. low re.jpg

_10K1115 low res.jpg

_10K1116 low res.jpg

_10K1117 low res.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
And nearby, several wild turkeys made an appearance. It's the first time I've ever seen any.

_NIK1005 low res.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
These were cross-posted in one of the bird threads. And I know I'm missing several photos that are posted elsewhere. But this was my first time seeing the Great Egret and wanted to include it in my own thread.

_NIK1288 B low res.jpg

Egret 2 low res.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
These are also cross-posted elsewhere. This tall ship was here for a weekend - when I went, there wasn't any parking available. So I returned on Monday without the hassle of crowds. Although they didn't allow tours on Monday, it was a great day for photos without having a lot of people around.

_DSC6084 low res.jpg

_10K1369 8x12 enlargement low res.jpg

_10K1375 low res.jpg

_DSC6082 low res.jpg

_DSC6093 low res.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
One of our parks offers a Scarecrow contest. These were put up just today. I'm not sure when they judge them - possibly at the end of the time they are on display. I love the raven in the one with the pumpkin head. It looks very realistic.

Mostly I take these images to share with the people/kids who created them. Many are made by Boy Scout troops.

_DSC6183 low res.jpg

_DSC6184 low res.jpg

_DSC6185 low res.jpg

_DSC6186 low res.jpg

_DSC6188 low res.jpg

_DSC6189 low res.jpg

_DSC6190 low res.jpg

_DSC6191 low res.jpg

_DSC6192 low res.jpg

_DSC6193 low res.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
October 16th is Global Cat Day: recognizes the need to adopt and foster cats. This is our sweet adopted cat Cherub who is 16 years old. We adopted him when he was just a kitten. He would climb into the engine of my SUV to stay warm so I'd always have to check before starting it. He is a sweet, loving boy with bunny-soft fur.

I LOVE this lens! It's the Nikon 70-200mm f/4 VR that I purchased pre-owned via an Amazon seller. It's been an amazing lens and surpasses my Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR (although that one is still a great lens).

_DSC6203 low res.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Stopped to photograph this memorial bench - the dog's owner was playing fetch at the edge of the lake which attracted a number of dog-walkers. This 10-month old pup was SO well-behaved that despite other dog owners allowing their dogs off leashes, he only wanted to play fetch.

_DSC6350 low res.jpg

_DSC6354 low res.jpg

_DSC6357 low res.jpg

_DSC6361 low res.jpg

_DSC6362 low res.jpg

_DSC6365 low res.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
hark, was all these pics on this thread shot with the same camera?

Beautiful!!

Disregard, when I mouse over the pics I see, stupid me:)

Glad you were able to hover over the images and see the bodies I used. I'm pretty sure everything taken with my 24-120mm were shot with my D750. But longer focal lengths were taken with the D7200 or D610. I really like the FX sensors and find my 70-200mm f/4 works well on the D610. But it's easy to switch that lens to the D7200 for a longer range.

When I first purchased the 70-200mm f/4 VR, I used it on the D750. There is a noticeable difference when doing extreme crops using DX vs FX. I can crop more with an FX sensor and not see the noise that is visible with the DX sensor when performing the same size crop. But each body has its own advantages. If I really want a longer focal length, then I use the D7200, 300mm f/4 PF, and a 1.4x teleconverter. That gives me the focal equivalent of 630mm f/5.6 without the weight and heft of a superzoom. :)

Last edited:

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
That last one of the dawg playing fetch is fun. Love that look on his face.

Thanks! He was a dream to photograph. Someone walking a husky allowed their dog to jump up against my right side. Fortunately I carry my camera on my left side so it wasn't an issue. If the husky had been on my left, it might have smelled the doggie treats I carry in my pants pocket - might not have ended quite so well. Lol.

Dawg Pics

@hark Well, that was rude. I don't let my dogs jump on people. It is easy to knock somebody down like that, and not everybody likes your own dog the way you do.
"Area photographer mauled for Milkbones. Film at 11":culpability:

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
@hark Well, that was rude. I don't let my dogs jump on people. It is easy to knock somebody down like that, and not everybody likes your own dog the way you do.
"Area photographer mauled for Milkbones. Film at 11":culpability:

The man quickly pulled on the dog's leash getting it off of me and apologized. So at least nothing bad happened. :encouragement: I have an Australian Shepherd who tries to jump on people because she is so excited to greet them, but I always keep her on a short lead. So she winds up standing on her hind legs but never makes contact with others.