Hark 2019

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
And guess what today's subjects might be? :confused: Yes, MORE benches. ;)

_DSC9006 low res.jpg

_DSC9008 low res.jpg

_DSC9021 low res.jpg

_DSC9025 low res.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Look! No benches!!! ;) Chemtrail over the park's lake in the first image and a view from the park's fishing pier in the second.

These should get me caught up to date now.

_DSC9108 low res.jpg

_DSC9129 low res.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I decided to do a family portrait session. :rolleyes:

Actually I saw one of the Totem Poles first before the tree stumps. Wish the vines weren't so prominent on the one totem pole. It was on private property with a big NO TRESPASSING sign so I wasn't going to try and remove any vines. ;)

_DSC1941 low res.jpg

_DSC1940 low res.jpg

_DSC1932 low res.jpg

_DSC1938 low res.jpg

_DSC1933 low res.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Lackluster light today but a very still lake. Framed up this image and was immediately reminded of an audio track. ;)

_DSC9233 low res.jpg

Audio track.png

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Seagull on a walking path near the parking area. I parked somewhat close and grabbed my camera. As soon as walked to the passenger side of the car, it decided to walk further away.

_NIK0211 low res.jpg

_NIK0217 low res.jpg

Taken for this week's Road Challenge. This is near Pennsbury Manor...the former homestead of William Penn.

_DSC9248 low res.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
The bird images are cross posted in the flying birds thread.

_NIK0424 low res.jpg

_NIK0289 low res.jpg

The walking path at the park.

_NIK0224 low res.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
This was taken after a small snow storm. Robins seem to come back to the area much sooner than they did when I was young. Sometimes they show up as early as before New Year's Day.

_NIK0234 low res.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Someone was running a remote controlled boat on a local lake. It moved pretty fast - I barely remember upping my shutter speed to 1/1600" before starting to shoot. Because of the boat's speed coupled with the fact that it was so close to the shore, I didn't want to take any chances. One of the last times I photographed BIF, I'm pretty sure I changed to d51 focus points. I can't believe how easy it was to photograph this boat as it moved across the frame.

_NIK0593 low res.jpg

_NIK0594 low res.jpg

_NIK0596 low res.jpg

_NIK0602 low res.jpg

_NIK0605 low res.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
​love 2 & 5.

Thanks. #3 wasn't cropped at all, but it's difficult to determine the boat's size by these photos. My guess is around 18" or slightly longer. Since they ran it close to shore, at least it wasn't a small speck in the viewfinder. I was surprised by the amount of spray it kicked up.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
If there's one thing I dislike even more than finding a pile of feathers near our birdfeeder is seeing the pile then a moment later a hawk flies out from behind a bush leaving its dead prey behind. After I buried the pigeon, I noticed the hawk was still in our yard. It's wearing the blood on its beak.

_NIK0611 low res.jpg

Last edited:

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Someone was running a remote controlled boat on a local lake. It moved pretty fast - I barely remember upping my shutter speed to 1/1600" before starting to shoot. Because of the boat's speed coupled with the fact that it was so close to the shore, I didn't want to take any chances. One of the last times I photographed BIF, I'm pretty sure I changed to d51 focus points. I can't believe how easy it was to photograph this boat as it moved across the frame.

View attachment 309508

Coincidentally 3 days after I took the remote controlled boat photos, the same guy was back at the lake with it again. By the time I drove around the lake, I couldn't hear it running. Fortunately he was engaged in a conversation with another person and had stopped the boat. As I was walking towards him, I overheard him say how some guy took photos of this boat and posted them on Facebook - and that he was in touch with the photographer. So I asked him if he happened to see the photos I posted on Facebook from Saturday. :loyal: The timing of his Facebook comment was so funny. The thing is when I took the photos on Saturday, I didn't want to interrupt him or have him crash his boat so I just took a few photos while standing behind him before walking away. He never knew I took any pics. According to what he said, the boat cost several hundred dollars, and it can reach up to 50 mph.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I've been shooting so much for church as well as the memorial benches lately that it felt good just to be out taking photos for myself. There was some type of soccer event at the park this afternoon. It looked as though they were finishing up a game when I spotted this treeline.

_DSC9789 low re.jpg

There's a walking path that circles around behind the soccer fields. Someone put out some nice Easter decorations.

_DSC9780 low res.jpg

_DSC9782 low res.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Love that top pic Hark - awesome tones! Would make a sensational print!

I agree with Kevin. Beautiful image.

Thank you both! I was walking on a long circular path approximately 1.5 miles long. As I came into a clearing, I saw the trees and took a few photos before continuing with my walk. The path loops around through a wooded area (the backside of these trees). Eventually the path brought me up far to the left of these trees. Then I walked over the unused soccer fields and took more photos, but this image is from the first set I shot. In the background of the second set of images, there is a cell phone tower. I could have removed the tower, but the sky is much more compelling in the first set and overall was more picturesque. Thanks again! :)

Dawg Pics

Thank you both! I was walking on a long circular path approximately 1.5 miles long. As I came into a clearing, I saw the trees and took a few photos before continuing with my walk. The path loops around through a wooded area (the backside of these trees). Eventually the path brought me up far to the left of these trees. Then I walked over the unused soccer fields and took more photos, but this image is from the first set I shot. In the background of the second set of images, there is a cell phone tower. I could have removed the tower, but the sky is much more compelling in the first set and overall was more picturesque. Thanks again! :)
There is something about the colors. It is a calming image.