grandpaw's image thread

grandpaw

This is my congratulatory picture with the Gator Boys on my first successful alligator wrestling match. Jeff

_DSC6835.jpg

grandpaw

In looking at the picture with me and the gator I think the lens that was used made the beast look smaller than it actually was in person. If you are an adrenalin junkie, this is something that you might want to check out and consider trying. I would like to warn against doing it without having access to the tips and professional supervision that I had received prior to wrestling the gator from the Gator Boys. This is NOT for the faint of heart or anyone that gets nervous easily. It was a wild experience and although very dangerous, was a lot of fun. Jeff :):)

grandpaw

Thanks for the likes and the comment. This is a picture that was taken awhile back that I have always liked. It is a brown pelican. Jeff

Pelican+on+pole+Item+%2303270810-1028355375-O.jpg

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Thanks for the likes and the comment. This is a picture that was taken awhile back that I have always liked. It is a brown pelican. Jeff

View attachment 13393

Really nice Pelican shot Jeff.

Tell me, how do you upload your images? A while ago when I uploaded I was getting larger images. Now days I only get a small thumbnail that people have to click on to get the bigger version...

grandpaw

Just thought I would share this with all of you. In a sub-division not to far from me there lives a 91 year old lady that is like a second mom to me that I visit often. Three or four weeks ago the dog in the fenced in yard next to her started staying on the back porch and would not come to visit her any more at the fence when she went outside. After a few weeks the found out why and the reason was that there was an eight foot alligator living in the same back yard. They had some people come out and capture it and take it somewhere else to live. This past week someone driving by her house called her and told here to shut her garage door because there was an alligator in her driveway so she emidiatly hung the phone up and went out the door from the house into the garage and it was just on the other side of the door from the house in the garage with it's mouth open looking at her. Needless to say we are familiar with alligator where I live. Jeff

grandpaw

Really nice Pelican shot Jeff.

Tell me, how do you upload your images? A while ago when I uploaded I was getting larger images. Now days I only get a small thumbnail that people have to click on to get the bigger version...

Just go to any of your posts and click on edit. After that double click on the picture and look in about the center of the screen and it will give you different sizes including the original and just pick which one you want to use. Jeff

You can also do it right after you add an image to your post before you save it and it will be that way right from the start.

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Just go to any of your posts and click on edit. After that double click on the picture and look in about the center of the screen and it will give you different sizes including the original and just pick which one you want to use. Jeff

You can also do it right after you add an image to your post before you save it and it will be that way right from the start.

Thanks a million Jeff. I was wondering how come my settings had changed. I thought maybe it was the site's new way of posting. Rick saw that should be happy too for his street pics.

grandpaw

Thanks a million Jeff. I was wondering how come my settings had changed. I thought maybe it was the site's new way of posting. Rick saw that should be happy too for his street pics.

I am just happy that I could help you out for a change instead of you helping me. I am learning how to do things on this site and getting a little more comfortable in getting around. Thanks for all the help you have given me so far. Jeff

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I am just happy that I could help you out for a change instead of you helping me. I am learning how to do things on this site and getting a little more comfortable in getting around. Thanks for all the help you have given me so far. Jeff

I found out that there is an option in "Settings"<general settings<image resizer to specify what you want to have as standard when uploading. Since I always resize my images BEFORE uploading them, I selected the "original size" option and saved my settings. So now I should be good to go.