Did my D5100 run out of film??

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Super Good News... guess you don't need me to ship mine down there... Better to have your own fixed!! (and Quick)

Pat in NH

Thanks for the offer Pat! If you were down here I would have borrowed it, but I couldn't let you ship it.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, I'm back in business. Picked up my camera this afternoon and spent about a half hour putting all of my settings back. I can see them changing from A to Auto, but a lot of other stuff was changed.

According to the bill, they repaired and adjusted the mirror assembly, cleaned the CCD unit (whatever that is), did general cleaning and lubrication and check & adjust all functions to spec (that must be why everything was changed). The best part was no charge since it's still under warranty.

RockyNH_RIP

Well, I'm back in business. Picked up my camera this afternoon and spent about a half hour putting all of my settings back. I can see them changing from A to Auto, but a lot of other stuff was changed.

According to the bill, they repaired and adjusted the mirror assembly, cleaned the CCD unit (whatever that is), did general cleaning and lubrication and check & adjust all functions to spec (that must be why everything was changed). The best part was no charge since it's still under warranty.

Sounds like you now have a new camera again! Congrats!

Pat in NH

TedG954

As a reference, their normal charge, just for the sensor cleaning is $52.00. Personally, they are my exclusive repair shop.

I'm glad everything worked out!

Deezey

Sounds like they did a reset on the camera too. Glad to hear you are back in business!

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, the repair place didn't load the film correct, so it went back to them today. I'm a little unhappy, but I'll get over it. I did get to use it for six days. The worse part was we were pedaling north when we stopped for a picture and discovered it didn't work. The repair place was 10 miles south of us. We did 27 miles today with temps in the 90's.

RockyNH_RIP

Well, the repair place didn't load the film correct, so it went back to them today. I'm a little unhappy, but I'll get over it. I did get to use it for six days. The worse part was we were pedaling north when we stopped for a picture and discovered it didn't work. The repair place was 10 miles south of us. We did 27 miles today with temps in the 90's.

That Sucks (excuse my language!) Doing the same thing again?

Pat in NH

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm suppose to pick up my D5100 tomorrow. It was the mirror again. I was told I must have knocked the mirror when changing the lens. I told the guy I never change the lens. After a moment of silence, I was then told he didn't know how it happened or what I should do to prevent it in the future.

Deezey

I'm suppose to pick up my D5100 tomorrow. It was the mirror again. I was told I must have knocked the mirror when changing the lens. I told the guy I never change the lens. After a moment of silence, I was then told he didn't know how it happened or what I should do to prevent it in the future.

Uh......hit the mirror while changing lens. Hmmm.....I might have told him I could prevent it in the future by having a better service department work on the camera the next time.

I really hate when a company uses a knee jerk reaction to blame the customer......

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2