Did my D5100 run out of film??

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I assume its a Nikon authorized (with warranty and all).. Maybe time to tell them time to fix it or replace it!! (Yes, I have not much patience sometimes!:)

Pat in NH

Yes, it is Nikon authorized. Nikon warranty good until the end of this month. Southern Photo warranty good for 60 days after I get it back.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
No Pat, I haven't heard anything on it. I e-mailed them on Friday, but they might have been closed for a long Independence Day weekend. The Miami office opens at 9am so I'll probably give them a call a little bit after that.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Called the repair place this morning, I was shocked to hear that they were waiting for me to approve the $100+ estimate that no one ever called me about. I questioned the estimate since it's the third re-do in less than a month. I was told they have no idea it was a warranty repair or a re-do. When she looked up my file, she changed the estimate to zero and hand delivered it to a tech. Once this is repaired to my satisfaction, they will never see any of my cameras again!!! Also, I'll be sending Nikon a letter/e-mail about my service by one of their authorized repair places.

Horoscope Fish

Called the repair place this morning, I was shocked to hear that they were waiting for me to approve the $100+ estimate that no one ever called me about. I questioned the estimate since it's the third re-do in less than a month. I was told they have no idea it was a warranty repair or a re-do. When she looked up my file, she changed the estimate to zero and hand delivered it to a tech. Once this is repaired to my satisfaction, they will never see any of my cameras again!!! Also, I'll be sending Nikon a letter/e-mail about my service by one of their authorized repair places.
Wow. I think I'd... That's just... I mean...

Wow!

I suggest fondling your D7100 for a bit to help you relax. Your sweet, sweet 7100...

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Wow. I think I'd... That's just... I mean...

Wow!

I suggest fondling your D7100 for a bit to help you relax. Your sweet, sweet 7100...

Not sure if fondling my D7100 will help. After the repair phone call I had to call the doctor's office and my health insurance company about a bill from March when I busted my elbow. It takes a lot to get me worked up, but I think I overloaded this morning.

Horoscope Fish

Not sure if fondling my D7100 will help. After the repair phone call I had to call the doctor's office and my health insurance company about a bill from March when I busted my elbow. It takes a lot to get me worked up, but I think I overloaded this morning.
A double-whammy, eh? Hang in there... Sending positive thoughts!

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Don't mean to take over your thread, Marilynne, but I thought you might find this interesting. :)

BocaPhoto.com - Nikon Equipment

Thanks Jack. There's a camera shop right here in Delray besides the one I took it to. TedG had problems with the Delray Camera Shop and he recommended the other. This place is now only a drop off location for Miami. It did work great for 6 days after the first time. I think the problem is no one is communicating with each other down there. Some one didn't see the redo on the paper work. Also, I don't know why they didn't know it was under warranty when I gave them a copy of the warranty the first time they got it and e-mailed them a copy 2 weeks ago when they didn't realize it was a redo. Thanks for getting me started again. I was feeling better after a 16 mile bike ride with a picnic lunch and my D7100.

AC016

Wow, what a nightmare experience. Kind of reminds me of my dealings with Sears once upon a time. I still clench my fists when I think of it today.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
My D5100 is being released today. If it doesn't work, I'm shipping it directly to Nikon in NY. I only have two weeks left on my warranty. No, I didn't use Amex or Discover so I only get a one year warranty.

RockyNH_RIP

My D5100 is being released today. If it doesn't work, I'm shipping it directly to Nikon in NY. I only have two weeks left on my warranty. No, I didn't use Amex or Discover so I only get a one year warranty.

I hope it is right Marilynne... If not, they have no business realeasing it to you.. If they could not fix it correctly, they should have notified you and offered to send it to Nikon.

Crossing my fingers for you..

Pat in NH

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, the repair place loaded the film correctly so far. I took 3 shots before I walked out the door. I had the clerk hand write the warranty period, date and sign my paper work.

When we were having lunch in the park I took some shots of a squirrel eating some bread we threw to it. When reviewing the shots I panicked, the playback was black for a few photos, then only a 1/4 picture for a few more, then I got to my three test shots and the squirrel. They were fine. I never erased the memory card after the last disaster.

According to the paper work, they repaired and adjusted the main circuit and auto focus operation. They cleaned the sensor again and did general cleaning and lubrication.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
glad you got it back, taken your 300 of it yet? lol

Not yet. Can only take one camera on my bicycle, so the D7100 had to stay home. Maybe today.

One thing I know, the focus on the D5100 seems really, really slow after using the D7100.

Haven't uploaded the pictures yet to my computer. I'm still working on Monday's stuff.