D750m back to Nikon?

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, 14 days from when I sent it in to its arrival back on my doorstep, which includes two weekends, so I think that is pretty good. Nikon got it on a Monday and shipped it back on Friday of the same week.

Items on the repair invoice: RPR Mirror Angle, RPL Shutter Mechanism, Replace Rubber Grip, RPL Wind Side Rubber (X2), CKD Meter Accuracy, CKD AE Operation, CKD AF System, General Check & Clean.

So it looks as though I've got a new shutter, a calibration and a cleaning, and some new exterior rubber. The camera looks brand new, but I can't really try it out since it's already dark and I've got a million things to do around here. I'll put it to the test tomorrow afternoon, though!

WM

Glad to hear you received it back and hope it works as anticipated!

Whiskeyman

Well, it is beginning to get interesting. I'm seeing a marked improvement on my 300mm, but the 70-200mm still needs about the same as before at 200mm. The 300mm now needs -6, but the 70-200mm needs -16.

I called Nikon service today, and discussed the issue with them. When I get to a point where I can, I'll send the 70-200mm in for service. The bad news is that it won't be under warranty as the camera was. Hopefully, it won't cost as much as a new lens will; hey it couldn't cost that much, could it?

WM

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
The bad news is that it won't be under warranty as the camera was. Hopefully, it won't cost as much as a new lens will; hey it couldn't cost that much, could it?

WM

I had a lens repaired that wouldn't stop down properly. It wasn't under warranty--I think the total cost (including shipping) was $225. I wound up having to return it to them after the repair because there was a very large, visible dust bunny on the rear glass. They paid for the return shipping and didn't charge me anything else. Did they give you a ballpark estimate?

Whiskeyman

No, Cindy, I didn't even ask for an estimate, and they usually provide an invoice before they do the work, so I'm not really concerned about it.

I'm also in no hurry to send it off to them, since it is doing fairly well, albeit at an AF Fine Tune setting of -18. Also, since it isn't under warranty, there is no deadline to get it repaired. Because of that, I don't even have a return authorization.

WM