D7200 the facts

Nero

Comparing camera to camera how much better in image quality is the 7200 vs the 5300. I know the 7200 isn't out yet but from rumors and such will there be much of a difference ?

Image quality will probably be about the same. The difference is that the D7XXX series had more features plus weather-sealing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 4

Horoscope Fish

Now, the question might be. Nikon D7200 (body) at $1200 OR jump to FF Nikon D610 (body) for only $300 more ($1496.)??
Nikon D610 Digital SLR Camera Body - USA Warranty 1540
I jumped from D7100 to D750 recently and I am really glad I did it. That being said, going from DX to FX is not a cheap proposition. I had a couple FX prime lenses that held me over nicely during the transition but getting bitten by the full-frame "bug" is not going to be inexpensive no matter how you slice it. I closely examined my shooting habit's and trimmed the overall number of lenses I have, but I've also learned to use those fewer lenses to better overall advantage. It's been an excellent transition for me but I planned it out carefully ahead of time.

As I'm fond of saying, if on a somewhat unrelated topic, "Plan the hike, hike the plan."

Last edited:

rangioran

Nikon D7200 vs. D7100 specifications comparison | Nikon Rumors

Spec comparison between the D7200 and D7100.

Basically, if you have the D7100, keep it. If you have anything earlier than the D7100, you'll love this.

Have to agree, there's nothing there that would convince me to upgrade from my 7100. Now if this had been around five month back when I swapped my 5300 up to the 7100 . . . . I'd probably still have ended up with a 7100 because the price is going to drop shortly.

mikew_RIP

Still awaiting results from the focus improvement and the perhaps 1 stop iso improvement,they could be enough to make me do it.

Welshy74

So tempted as I mainly shoot sports (Rugby and Ice hockey). Cant really justify the jump to the D750 as I would have to replace all my lenses. But I am looking further down the line to get the 70-200 F2.8 as my 55-300 isnt great in the ice rink. I would be upgrading my d3200. Jessops have a great deal on at the moment where you can finance the 7200 with 12 months interest free payments so may do that and keep my 3200 and use that eventually as a trade in on the 70-200. Bizarre though that they dont do the 18-140 option in the UK

Flapjack23

I am currently camera-less (but using a borrowed Canon from my dad). Been saving money since last spring. $1100 in B&H gift cards saved up and I just preordeed tonight!

A chance not taken is a wasted opportunity

RON_RIP

Congratulations, I am sure there are many on this site that will be looking at the experiences of new D7200 owners before they decide wether to jump in. I, myself, would probably wait a year or so to make sure the new model passes the test of time. But in your case, we need to get you into a Nikon soonest. So it looks like you will be one of our bellweathers.

cbay

As I'm fond of saying, if on a somewhat unrelated topic, "Plan the hike, hike the plan."
That's good advice. Right now i'm starting to think ahead about what i want to do going forward. Full frame is a no-brainer in my desire for the absolute best landscape quality (think fixed primes). But then comes the cost and my love for wildlife (reach). If i thought there was a aps-c that could hang with a 35 or 50mm prime in the 15-30 range things would change. Going to continue shooting the old D7000 and see how it goes this year. I may bite on the 7200 either way though. :rolleyes:

Paganman2

Two things on my d7200 wish list 1) even smoother image noise at base or within normal constraints up to say 1000iso with no noise visible even with 100% cropping, and 2) better more accurate low contrast focusing at the center including a tight joined up cluster with no gaps still down to f8.

Not a lot to ask for lol.

P.