D4 Refurb, is Roberts camera reliable?

gqtuazon

Gear Head
The Canon 85mm f1.2 is one or probably the slowest AF lens in that FL because of the heavier glass that is inside. Even their f1.8 will beat it in AF speed.

Re: 200mm f2 VRI / II. I almost bought one but from what I have learned from other photogs is that they rarely use them due to its size and weight. Can't argue with the sharpness and creamy bokeh. It is an amazing lens but I was not willing to lug that lens with my walk-around so I ended up buying the Zeiss 135mm f2 instead.

Corey @ Faymus Media

The Canon 85mm f1.2 is one or probably the slowest AF lens in that FL because of the heavier glass that is inside. Even their f1.8 will beat it in AF speed.

Re: 200mm f2 VRI / II. I almost bought one but from what I have learned from other photogs is that they rarely use them due to its size and weight. Can't argue with the sharpness and creamy bokeh. It is an amazing lens but I was not willing to lug that lens with my walk-around so I ended up buying the Zeiss 135mm f2 instead.

Maybe so, however someone who wants to shoot 85mm with canon suffers. Lol the glass on the Nikkor 85mm 1.4G lens is almost as big and is silent and fast. The canon 24-70mm is not as fast either. I love Nikkor glass!

I too tried a Canon IDx - didn't feel good and didn't perform to their hype. D4 is a keeper.

It definitely shoots rapidly, and there are some pluses. However here are a bunch of things the D4 does that the 1Dx doesn't. These are critical for me!

- D4 has literally silent live view photo option which is awesome for wedding ceremonies that the priest is picky, no luck for the 1Dx

- D4 is better in low light. B&h guys argued. However it's a fact that its better, and the difference is very much noticeable

- D4 the buttons light up, and bright. The 1Dx doesn't not. I need this as sometimes reception halls are dark. Besides what good is a camera for low light if the buttons don't light up? I don't care how good the 1Dx is, if the room is black you can't get your settings right. While the canon shooter is finding his flashlight and misses the shot, I have already taken the photos.

- D4 colors are definitely less saturated and much less red colors than canon over saturates

- D4 3D tracking. Continuous focus is better on nikon. The 3D is extremely accurate and destroys anything canon has

- D4 has clean HDMI out and canon had to make their owners wait a year to get this feature. LOL

- D4 can focus to f/8 in pitch black. 1Dx had 5.6 and they had to wait another year for that fix. lol

- D4 does 2.7 crop, and 1.5 crop. 1DX is only full frame.

So there is a few reasons why D4 is the king!

gqtuazon

Gear Head
However here are a bunch of things the D4 does that the 1Dx doesn't. These are critical for me!

- D4 has literally silent live view photo option which is awesome for wedding ceremonies that the priest is picky, no luck for the 1Dx

- D4 is better in low light. B&h guys argued. However it's a fact that its better, and the difference is very much noticeable

- D4 the buttons light up, and bright. The 1Dx doesn't not. I need this as sometimes reception halls are dark. Besides what good is a camera for low light if the buttons don't light up? I don't care how good the 1Dx is, if the room is black you can't get your settings right. While the canon shooter is finding his flashlight and misses the shot, I have already taken the photos.

- D4 colors are definitely less saturated and much less red colors than canon over saturates

- D4 3D tracking. Continuous focus is better on nikon. The 3D is extremely accurate and destroys anything canon has

- D4 has clean HDMI out and canon had to make their owners wait a year to get this feature. LOL

- D4 can focus to f/8 in pitch black. 1Dx had 5.6 and they had to wait another year for that fix. lol

- D4 does 2.7 crop, and 1.5 crop. 1DX is only full frame.

So there is a few reasons why D4 is the king!

Can't argue with that. I'm rooting for the D4x if your sources becomes a reality.