Darling Harbor, Sydney NSW

5496739954_d3f0ef44cf_b.jpg

Browncoat

First published pic w/ my new D300s

EXIF:
ISO 200
1/250 @ f/9.0
Tamron 28-75mm
LumoPro LP160 fired remote via PocketWizard (bounced off ceiling)

Daisy-BW.jpg

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
M thinks it's the lighting that makes for most of the difference. Diffused light gives that softness.
but just my 2 cents.

Browncoat

I think it's a combination of a few things.

Yes, I'm sure the camera has something to do with it. The D300s has the same sensor as my D90, but I can't deny that even though I have less than 200 shutter clicks through it so far, I'm taking notably better photos. I'm also sure that since I've been taking these photography classes, my work has improved technically as well. I have a much better understanding of the exposure triangle. And last, there was a lot more at play here than just "bounced off the ceiling". I'm getting better w/ lighting too.

johnwartjr

Nikon did cripple some aspects of the sensor in the D90 vs the D300 via software. I've looked at a few of the menu options on a friends D300 versus my D90. Some of it seems very minute, but I'm sure it means something, as Nikon went to the trouble to disable it. Things like 12 vs 14 bit raw etc.

Ranie

Very cool, Ranie! Is this a product shot for a dealer, or is this your own?

Anthony, This is for a friend who wants to sell it. He wanted me to take a picture for an ad. I have shot pistols and rifles before for a website of a gunstore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ranie

Reviving this thread
6417632189_c4aa6b524a_b.jpg
Sunset @
Nagarral National Park, NSW
Australia

Nikon D300s
Nikon 17-55 F2.8
ND8 and CPL stacked
Manfrotto tripod