Blacktop's 366 day trip through 2016

Roy1961

Contributor
As I really don't have any time to shoot during my workday, it is most likely that I will be posting stuff like these a lot during the week.
I think the challenge for me will be, how can I make an everyday boring thing interesting in post.
Will see how far I get.:indecisiveness:

I am the same Pete, you just have to look for something that catches your eye, Roll on the weekends, lol

mikew_RIP

As I really don't have any time to shoot during my workday, it is most likely that I will be posting stuff like these a lot during the week.
I think the challenge for me will be, how can I make an everyday boring thing interesting in post.

Remember a lot of what you see in a day may be of interest to members in other parts of the world,not the empty bottles,though that did bring back memories of unloading glass jam jars before the days of shrink wrap and health and safety

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

Remember a lot of what you see in a day may be of interest to members in other parts of the world,not the empty bottles,though that did bring back memories of unloading glass jam jars before the days of shrink wrap and health and safety

Mike is right. There are many things we take for granted that at times we just don't see in a photographic sense. One Nikonite who immediately comes to mind is wreckdiver1321. He took photos of tires and vehicle engines that were stunning! By making use of selective focus, these ordinary (possibly mundane) objects became works of art. Another example is Michael's photos from Thailand. Their culture is so different than ours that is it quite interesting to see what goes on in their every day lives.

Things around the house can be visually interesting. It's all in the presentation. For example, Jake shot a chess board using some type of off-camera lighting. I think it was wreckdiver1321 who shot photos of padlocks and hinges. Even Marcel posted photos of the inner-workings of a piano. The strings and hammers because an interesting subject--partly because of composition and lighting as well as the aperture used. Why do I remember these photos? Again...it was all in the presentation. All were visually appealing!

You must have some type of vehicle, tools, household items such as spoons-forks-coffee mugs that you can use for subjects. You've simply hit a plateau, and now it's time to start climbing the hill again. ;)

Moab Man

Virtually everything out of the orient is interesting to me for the reasons stated above, it's unusual or different for me. Europe - often brings back fond memories.

Blacktop

Day 5

Pulled over to take a quick pano shot of the sunset . Can't decide which one is better though. The wider and warmer or the shorter and cooler cropped pano. I'm leaning towards the warmer and wider shot meself.

_DSC5270_stitch-Edit.jpg

sunset pano-2.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I prefer the longer pano shot but like the coloring of the first one better. Not trying to be difficult...just my preference.

SteveL54

Things around the house can be visually interesting. It's all in the presentation. For example, Jake shot a chess board using some type of off-camera lighting. I think it was wreckdiver1321 who shot photos of padlocks and hinges. Even Marcel posted photos of the inner-workings of a piano. The strings and hammers because an interesting subject--partly because of composition and lighting as well as the aperture used. Why do I remember these photos? Again...it was all in the presentation. All were visually appealing!

You must have some type of vehicle, tools, household items such as spoons-forks-coffee mugs that you can use for subjects. You've simply hit a plateau, and now it's time to start climbing the hill again. ;)

During our brutally cold winter last year, I had no desire to go outside and shoot. Out of sheer boredom, I took a box of candy (Dots) and poured them out on my desk and photographed them. I really didn't care much for it, but 4 people had asked for copies, and now they are displayed in their homes. And I still don't care for the photo.....

Moab Man

During our brutally cold winter last year, I had no desire to go outside and shoot. Out of sheer boredom, I took a box of candy (Dots) and poured them out on my desk and photographed them. I really didn't care much for it, but 4 people had asked for copies, and now they are displayed in their homes. And I still don't care for the photo.....

Link to the picture of the Dots?