Bike Project

Rick M

Also put on a water/coffee bottle holder and under-seat bag. The next addition will be a bag for the back rack. I want something which will be a small cooler for lunch and space for miscellaneous gear.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I use the basket for my camera bag and other assorted items - really expensive foul weather rain poncho ($1), bungee cords, wash cloth, extra plastic bags, etc... I strap the lunch cooler with extra water on the back rack. I don't have a tripod, but Chris would like your holder for a fishing rod. We also have a metal basket for the back rack, but it's very rarely on the bike.

Be careful swinging your leg over the back when the tripod is loaded in your holder. We wouldn't want you and the bike to fall down and go boom!!

John P

Here is my set up. The blue crate is great for bungee cording the camera backpack. And the bags have plenty of room for misc. gear. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374028209.682009.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374028229.215933.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374028247.000065.jpg

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
you need another cup of coffee marilynne, different bike - different owner. :)

Thanks for pointing that out Ron. I don't drink coffee, guess that's my problem. Half the time I don't look at the name, just read and look at the photo.

John P

I really like the blue crate. Pretty low sides. And quite a few attatchment points for bungees.

I stick my tripod in a side bag, and zip the bag tight to it. Then bungee the top to the side of the crate.
I really like your scabard. Excellent idea.

Rick M

A couple new additions, side view mirror and a holder for my Iphone. I'm using the "map my ride plus" app (only 2.99) and it is awesome. GPS tracks everything including routes, which I can set up on my PC and it loads to the phone. Has a real nice active display of distance, speed, time,..ect. Went for a 20 mile ride this morning with all the gear and it worked out excellent.

IMG_0362_7139.JPG

IMG_0363_7140.JPG

RockyNH_RIP

A couple new additions, side view mirror and a holder for my Iphone. I'm using the "map my ride plus" app (only 2.99) and it is awesome. GPS tracks everything including routes, which I can set up on my PC and it loads to the phone. Has a real nice active display of distance, speed, time,..ect. Went for a 20 mile ride this morning with all the gear and it worked out excellent.

Looks good Rick! I like the I phone mount!

Pat in NH

Rick M

Coming along :)

Is that a weatherproof phone case? Might want to consider one or a mount that covers the device.

​No, not weather proof. I will probably only ride in good weather so I don't melt :). If I get caught in the rain, it will go in a pocket or the camera bag (which has a built in rain fly).