Best of the D7100

Ron Carlson

_RON2125.jpg_RON2136.jpg_RON2170.jpg_RON2172.jpg_RON2187.jpg_RON2212.jpg_RON2237.jpg_RON2262.jpgSome 4th of July shots

zain

Taken last weekend. The Tengku Ampuan Jemaah Mosque at sunrise. This mosque is located about 30km from downtown Kuala Lumpur.

p475069165-4.jpg

NIKON D7100 + Tamron 10-24mm lens
Focal length:12 mm
Exposure:8s at f/13
Exposure mode:Manual
Exposure prog.:Manual
ISO speed:ISO 100
Metering mode:pattern

Chris E

Took this a couple of weeks ago in Giverny, France at Monet's pond. His house and pond are open to the public to visit, he spent something like the last 40 years of his life there and did some of his most famous painting at that pond and in his garden. Beautiful place. Enjoy.

DSC_1075_1.jpg

NoobieNikon

Took this a couple of weeks ago in Giverny, France at Monet's pond. His house and pond are open to the public to visit, he spent something like the last 40 years of his life there and did some of his most famous painting at that pond and in his garden. Beautiful place. Enjoy.

View attachment 100047

I like your photograph more than his paintings. I hear his home is very lovely. Unfortunately, the beautiful surroundings were wasted on Monet and his "finger paintings."

RON_RIP

I like your photograph more than his paintings. I hear his home is very lovely. Unfortunately, the beautiful surroundings were wasted on Monet and his "finger paintings."
I do not know where to go with that. I feel that all of us owe a great debt to the Impressionist for helping us to see things in a different way and I think that there use of light was remarkable. And what is photography but the pursuit of " the light" Speaking only for myself I think that each of us need to "see" things in a new way at least several times in our lifetime.

Chris E

Here's another one I took in France the other week. This is the cathedral in Bayeux in Normandy. I took this at about midnight right after it got completely dark. It get's dark late there. Enjoy.

BayeuxCathedral.jpg

Chris E

I do not know where to go with that. I feel that all of us owe a great debt to the Impressionist for helping us to see things in a different way and I think that there use of light was remarkable. And what is photography but the pursuit of " the light" Speaking only for myself I think that each of us need to "see" things in a new way at least several times in our lifetime.

Yeah, I love his paintings but to each his own. My wife doesn't like them...I had some prints in the living room before we got married, and she has taken them down.

The place is beautiful, but it is crowded. I have probably 250 pix of his house, garden, and pond but most of them have people in them. I plan to make some prints, but I will need to crop or do some heavy PP to get rid of the bystanders. I've got about 2000 pix of the 2 week trip I just took in France, and I will post the best as I clean them up.

Chris E

Well here's another one, no PP just jpeg out of the camera because I gotta run.

I am sitting on that bridge in his most famous painting....the one you don't like the most I bet. :D

There is another bridge at the opposite end, you can see it in the picture covered with people. Enjoy.

DSC_1130.jpg

NoobieNikon

His art just isn't for me...I'm not a fan of noisy looking paintings with all the dots.

NoobieNikon

Well here's another one, no PP just jpeg out of the camera because I gotta run.

I am sitting on that bridge in his most famous painting....the one you don't like the most I bet. :D

There is another bridge at the opposite end, you can see it in the picture covered with people. Enjoy.

View attachment 100052

You should have taken your pictures at dusk so that the colors looked nicer and not so contrasty. I'll bet they have weird hours though....Nicely done.

Chris E

You should have taken your pictures at dusk so that the colors looked nicer and not so contrasty. I'll bet they have weird hours though....Nicely done.
Hours are from like 10 am to 6 pm so not possible. I was there at about noon. I would have given a small sum if they would turn me loose in there at dusk or dawn with a tripod and a good prime lens.