Search results

  1. B

    Reprocessing Old Images With Current Software

    So, I need to retire to catch up on my current processing needs? Let alone work with older ones. ;)
  2. B

    Buy now, or wait on the Z7iii?

    I have a LOT of Nikon F equipment, and for years now avoided the Z line completely as my current line up 850, 800, 600 still work extremely well. But with over $1,250 off for a Z8 kit and 24-120 f/4 lens I jumped on it. I originally ordered a Z5II straight from Nikon with just a FTZii but came...
  3. B

    post your aviation shots!

    Oppsite view of a CF6-80C2 motor of the one I posted for Spiral picture. This is similar motor on another plane undergoing normal maintenance. Blades are removed, inspected, lubed, and reinstalled. Normal maintenance item for the engine.
  4. B

    post your aviation shots!

    Trying as you suggested about clicking on the pic and insert. But not seeing the option when attaching or after its saved.
  5. B

    post your aviation shots!

    Here is the other side. Getting the "chrome" aluminum leading edges polished for the start of the new season. Paint and graphics are brand new. The back up plane is still in the old paint scheme.
  6. B

    45 years ago

    IBM relased the 5150 first PC system. I was on Apple II+ in middle school at the time. First PC I bought was in 1990. Been PC guy since.
  7. B

    Z6III battery charging in Canada

    You just need the adapter so you can plug it into the outlet in Canada. The charger uses way lower voltage to charge the battery than even 120v. Reason almost everything electronic is 120, 230v now a days.
  8. B

    Only getting a burst of 3 frames on CH

    Do you have pictures going to an SD card as well? If you have both cards recording the camera will only write at the speed of the lowest card. But it should be more than 3 shots before the buffer fills. If you are shooting uncompressed RAW you should get about 20 frames till buffer fills...
  9. B

    Searching For Nikon D500

    I don't really think video use would be revelant as the shutter remains open while video is going. Now where it may make a difference is how many times using video has the camera reached it's max temp. But there is no way of tracking that. KEH.com in Atlanta GA area is very reputable and just...
  10. B

    post your aviation shots!

    I did not physically paint the plane but I was the inspector on this new paint scheme for the Patriots main aircraft (my company operates it for the Team, and our own use off season).
  11. B

    Weekly Challenge Aug 5th - Aug 11th "Spirals"

    This is the first thing I thought of when I saw the assignment. Z8 24-120 @ 24mm f9 1/25 iso 72 3:30 afternoon sun.
  12. B

    Hello I'm An Experienced Hobbyist (Former Professional)

    I as well started several decades ago with film, including processing it myself. Still have all my Jobo equipment in working order. Welcome.
  13. B

    Took a long lunch today, something happened.

    My first long lens was a Sigma 150-600 in F mount. After about 9 month the AF went weird and actually sped up (their version of s drive, not screwdriver), but making noise. So, I sent it in and it came back with AF about 1/2 the previous normal speed. I complained to them and they said the...
  14. B

    Hi, I'm Leon Kok from The Netherlands

    Welcome, Other than Schiphol, not been to the Netherlands propper.
  15. B

    Took a long lunch today, something happened.

    Here is the other item I grabbed on my mad lunch rush. I did get a 77 filter for the 24-120, but they were out of 95 filters for the 180-600. So I actually hit a 2nd camera store after work. Hahaha.
  16. B

    Took a long lunch today, something happened.

    In Fort Worth area for work (I travel ofetn). Decided to drive over to Dallas during a long lunch. Waiting on battery to fully charge. Will do the firmware updates once its ready. First Z body and lens for me. Last new camera was D850 in 2017.
  17. B

    New - old - was around - then away - now back again

    We (wife and I) have 2015 Grand Cherokee, 2006 Wrangler Unlimited, 2000 Wrangler, 1999 Cherokee, 1995 Jeep YJ, 1993 Jeep YJ, and 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half where the data plate actually says Jeep Corporation. Prior to that would be Kaiser, and after that AM General. Apparently for about 9...
  18. B

    Capacity of a Lexar Silver 256gb CFexpress B memory card in my D850

    Note - If you send RAW to both slots no matter the speed of the card in slot 1, the camera will only record both slots at the SD card speed! So you will lose the speed advantage (buffer clearing) of what should be a much quicker CFExpress B card.
  19. B

    Protective Filter for my new AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR lens

    I of course like others used to buy UV filters, but with digital sensors that is no longer needed. I would just pick a good quality coated clear filter (coated to control possible reflections). I lean towards B+W but have bought Hoya, Nikon, and cheper Tiffens and off brands. When I started...
  20. B

    New - old - was around - then away - now back again

    Very long time Nikon user getting back into active photography. I was around years ago, and faded away. Now found my way back. Though not exclusivly Nikon shooter Nikon by far is the majority of my equipment. I still have working film bodies through D850 DSLR. Just ordered first Z5II for...
Top