Search results

  1. B

    Guinea pig, going to give it a try

    I ordered a Songraw 50mm f/1.2 Moonlit lens. $759.05. Says up to 3 weeks for delivery so probably coming from China. Yes, they are new and this is their first lens. But from reviews I have seen and the price point, it should be worth it. 1/2 of the Sigma 50 f/1.2, and 1/3 the cost of Nikons...
  2. B

    Auto-focus isn't working on my prime lens

    With Nikon if your lens has M/A or A/M position you can manual focus without turning off AF in the body. They have manual focus overide function. But if the lens only has A position and M position, they do not have the overide feature. You must use body switch if you have it, or menu.
  3. B

    12-20 mm Tamron lens for ZF

    They just released it for Nikon Z mount. Those that bought might not have them yet. Think it was last weekend it went from presale, to selling.
  4. B

    Just lunch

    Back in Fort Worth for work. Street Tacos for lunch, and yes later for dinner. And in the background glass bottle real Coke 1.25l. Only have ever seen them from this taco truck. Brought the D3300 and kit lenses this trip.
  5. B

    Refurbished D7500's now $499 at Nikon

    Honestly really didn't "need" it, but with it having the body motor it opens a good size collection of my lenses available for AF. Though I don't necessiairly want to carry their weight. $500 for basically a new camera I could not pass up. About the only other DSLR I want is the D780. If a...
  6. B

    Refurbished D7500 $499 at Nikonusa

    Posted in D7500 but this is a very good deal. Very capable dslr for $500!!
  7. B

    Refurbished D7500's now $499 at Nikon

    I was looking at NikonUsa and they have refurbished D7500's for $499. I ordered one to replace my D3300 as my lightweight carry camera. It's about 1/2 pound heavier, and larger. But should fit fine in my rolling work computer bag.
  8. B

    D600 got a day out with the ole AF-d lenses

    Trip to Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens yesterday. These are from the wife who loves the D600 and the older AF-d lenses even though we have newer AF-s VR lenses to use. I carried around backpack with Z8 gear in it but didn't use it as it was drizzling too much for my comfort for a brand new...
  9. B

    Blast from the past.

    Sealed pack of KODAK instant film. Box was not opened but glue gave up after 40 years. I still have a Kodak "The Handle" camera. I did have another sealed package of film and tried it about 5 years ago. Had 1 that tried to develop, and 2 that had some chemical swirls. But no images...
  10. B

    22 year old Coolpix 8700 still going

    I had a 950 then 990. Traded both and some other equipment for a Fuji fine pix 1 pro. Never got the Fuji. Store was Lauderdale Camera in Fl. Was a shyster, strung me along until they closed. Think they moved to NYC. Lawyer said it would cost what I lost or more to sue.
  11. B

    22 year old Coolpix 8700 still going

    Today is maintenance day for my camera gear. Charging ALL batteries, making sure flashes still work, etc. Anyway decided to crank up the ole 8700 That I bought at the end of 2004. Still going, but the user forgot how to change things. I could not figure out how to get it out of Program mode...
  12. B

    Monster in the house

    Sending it back. The focus hunts quite a bit on objects that it should pick up quickly. One lens 35-70 f/2.8 AF-D barely works on it if at all. Next issue is with fast lenses f/2.8, 2.0, and 1.4's it aperture drifts as you focus in close (increases). 105 f/2.8 AF-D, 135 f/2.0 AF-D DC, 60 f/2.8...
  13. B

    Monster in the house

    I ordered a Monster adapter since I have so many F lenses. I just did a quick test and so far so good. Did have some noise issues and complied with their 1.2 firmware update and that helped (apparently aperture motor). So far just pointing around in office in my house the 50mm f/1.8, 16mm f/2.8...
  14. B

    Lens caps, right side up, or doesn't matter.

    No not like that, not that ocd. I guess I like giving the free advertising.
  15. B

    Lens caps, right side up, or doesn't matter.

    I tend to put my caps on with Nikon right side up. If I don't immediately, when I pack things I tend to change it if it's not right side up. I don't get a laser level out to ensure it's perfect, but tend to turn it so it's right side up.
  16. B

    New to the forum

    Welcome. Day just starting for me.
  17. B

    my first lens

    Just bought a z8 a week ago and chose to get the 24-120 f/4 S. I think it's a very good lens so far.
  18. B

    Show me your rack

  19. B

    Nikon 200-500mm and beyond infinity.

    I have an older MF Tokina 300 f/2.8 MF lens. Great glass but over the years the focus ring is too easy to move. I solved that by taking a thick (wide) rubber band and you put it half on the focus ring, and half on the lens barrel. If you focus a lot it will tend to end up on one or the other...
Top