Search results

  1. Fred Kingston_RIP

    D7500

    Not to belabor the point, but that whole database thing doesn't work very well as you've discovered because you have to manually enter the info in the "signature" component of this software... Updating the database without fixing how it links/displays to a user's posts would be a waste of time. ;)
  2. Fred Kingston_RIP

    Mini B 8 Pin USB

    https://www.amazon.com/Lindy-Coiled-Cable-Transparent-31925/dp/B003BMS5LK
  3. Fred Kingston_RIP

    help for BBF

    This is your camera... button #25 & 26 is the selector... 25 is a switch between Manual Focus and Auto Focus... #26 is the Mode button... #47 is the dial that changes the modes... While pressing the button #26 IN, with your left hand, turn the dial #47 while looking at the LCD display #9...
  4. Fred Kingston_RIP

    Post your favorite February shot 2018

    Kissimmee Prairie Preserve State Park
  5. Fred Kingston_RIP

    Sharper Focus

    Even though this was a JPG file, they can be sharpened a bit in post processing/editing software...
  6. Fred Kingston_RIP

    Nikon D50 Nightime Action Shots

    Okay... Here's your problem... You're shooting in an auto mode... and the camera is using a wide-open aperture for that lens (f2.8)... that means the depth of field is very short and missing the focus on moving objects means blurry... in conjunction with the speeds, the auto is selecting a speed...
  7. Fred Kingston_RIP

    Nikon D50 Nightime Action Shots

    Why not tell us... of the 300 w/65 "good" shots... why you reject the the 235? Are there focus issues? Exposure issues? Composition issues? Not close enough? ??????? What specific problems are you having... The D50 is kind of an old camera, relative to performance... and 6M RAW images...
  8. Fred Kingston_RIP

    Just curious...

    Why am I seeing big honkin' ads that pop up on the right half of my screen? Do I need to take this site off my Ad blocker's White list...
  9. Fred Kingston_RIP

    Exif Data

    I used the same parameters as you... Sumptin's broke...
  10. Fred Kingston_RIP

    Camera battery replacement.

    They're available on Amazon for <$9
  11. Fred Kingston_RIP

    Where do unregistered posts go?

    I get the forum's subscription emails sent to me. They get distributed to all my devices. I rarely login here with my tablets/phones because the layout is horrendous. Anyway.... Last night, I get one... and I click the embedded link to respond to a user's question... and type an answer... I...
  12. Fred Kingston_RIP

    Who's going to shoot the Total Eclipse?

    Here's a pre-eclipse test shot of the sun... if you look at about the 8 o'clock position, you can see some sun spots. I plan to shoot as many shots as I can tomorrow... hoping for the weather to hold up... We're projected to see about 85% here in Florida...
  13. Fred Kingston_RIP

    Post your practice, tips, and eclipse shots.

    Just a few minutes ago in bright full Florida sun 450mm ISO 200, 1/80sec F10 Hndheld with an ND10000, ND4, and and ND6 in a Cokin holder.
Top