Search results

  1. S

    Woody's Hermosa Luz 2026

    Landing gear down! :) Love this shot. ❤️
  2. S

    Needa's What?

    I didn't know you had Wawa's in FL. A few weeks ago we drove to NJ from SC and stopped at an NJ Wawa for gas. I was surprised that you still can't pump your own gas in NJ. The pump guy was super nice and we had a fun conversation; I lived in NJ 40+ years ago.
  3. S

    Post your Train shots!

    From this afternoon, a grain train at Simpson, SC with all three locomotives running "elephant style", slang for all pointed forward. [D5100] 🐘🐘🐘 I normally don't edit my pictures all that much, but I'm thinking that cell tower needs to go.
  4. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Bad neighborhood. :oops: (Actually, No. 7 is probably awaiting an engine) [Staunton, VA, 04/29/2026, D5100]
  5. S

    Post your sign post pictures

    Chesapeake & Ohio station at Staunton, VA. (Pronounced STAN-ton. not STAWN-ton). [D5100, 04/29/2026]
  6. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Found at Ringoes, NJ on the Black River & Western, an operating model SW-1 built in 1949 for the Pennsylvania Railroad. She's been completely restored.
  7. S

    General Architecture and Structure Parts

    Staunton, VA, 04/29/2026 [D5100]
  8. S

    Nikkor 35mm f/2 Lens From 1970s & Use With My D5100

    Reviving my old thread here from over ten years ago! My brother eventually sent me our late father's c. 1977 Nikkor 35mm f2 lens and I loaned it to my kid for years who recently returned it to me. So, it's now been used by three generations in our family. I messed with it a little bit today...
  9. S

    Post your Train shots!

    From Saturday at Cary, NC, an eastbound and westbound passenger train. These are operated by the State of North Carolina. Locomotive 1893 is specially painted in an older scheme to celebrate 30 years of passenger train service. The locomotives formerly operated in Toronto and were sold and...
  10. S

    Time Change - Spring Forward 2026

    Thank you again. If it weren't for you, I'd forget this every time.
  11. S

    Post your Train shots!

    From this morning, Norfolk Southern's specially painted Southern Railway heritage locomotive at Blythewood, SC. This new junction was named Scout in recognition of a new Scout brand automotive plant nearby. NS also serves a BMW plant in upstate SC with nearby rail junctions named BMW, Bavarian...
  12. S

    Post your Train shots!

    A grab shot from yesterday at Cayce, SC. The 523 is near 25 years old and will likely be rebuilt sometime in the next several years. These older CSX "Yellow Nose" units in this older paint scheme are becoming increasingly rare. [D5100]
  13. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Oh, that's neat! She grew up in a beautiful area.
  14. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Ha, yeah, it's gonna be a madhouse trackside as the 4014 makes her tour. She'll likely run on Norfolk Southern (NS) lines in the east. From 1987 to 1991, the NS ran their own massive steam locomotive 1218 on fantrips until their CEO at the time decided the liabilities were too great to...
  15. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Thank you. Yep, my Nikkor 55-200 DX at 175mm/f8. The lens hasn't worked properly for many years now, producing a sort of clicking noise with the image in the viewfinder jumping up and down when I press the shutter button down halfway. After 3 to 5 seconds it settles down and focuses. So, I...
  16. S

    Post your Train shots!

    From ten years ago on 01/24/2016 at Elgin, SC, CSX rolls tonnage south. [D5100]
  17. S

    Forum down intermittently

    This same situation is rising up across the web amongst smaller hobby forums I visit, as AI bots and "data scrapers" ascend on sites and intermittently bring them down. This isn't my area of expertise, but it's what I understand from other people. :confused:
  18. S

    Post your Train shots!

    From April 1989, crossing the Susquehanna River at Harrisburg, PA. [Nikon N2020, Kodachrome]
  19. S

    Post your favorite 2025 shot

    From 07/30/2025 with my trusty-but-ancient D5100
  20. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Caught Norfolk Southern's new Tennessee, Alabama & Georgia heritage locomotive today at Columbia, SC. The "TAG" was bought by NS component Southern Railway in 1971. [D5100]
Top