Search results

  1. S

    Post Your Tabletop photography, pack shot and still life

    Not sure where to post this kitchen goodness still life, so I'll place it here. [D5100]
  2. S

    Post your seascapes

    Seeing @Clovishound's excellent seascape, I thought I'd post these of the Botany Bay "boneyard beach" on Edisto Island in South Carolina. I took these yesterday with my D5100.
  3. S

    Post your Train shots!

    You have a good eye for detail. These are called "articulated" cars and they don't separate the cars joined by a single "truck" (that's railroad-ese for a set of wheels). These cars usually have 3, 4 or 5 wells for double-stacked containers with each end having a normal truck and coupler...
  4. S

    Post Your Automotive Shots!

    1960 Austin Healy "Bugeye" Sprite. [D5100]
  5. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Wow, that's a fine shot @Blue439, composition, color, DOF, everything about it. Thanks for posting!
  6. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Thank you. Southern Railway crews must have had some extra confidence at grade crossings. Found hammerhead B30-7 3505 in SOU paint running long hood forward at Leeds, AL in 1990. [Nikon N2020, Kodachrome]
  7. S

    Post your Train shots!

    Norfolk Southern 8556 leads at Harriman TN, March 1990. They called these 'Hammerheads" in recognition of their shark-like profile. [Nikon N2020, Kodachome]
  8. S

    Post your Train shots!

    October 1983 at Lehighton, PA. A fantrip has been arranged to celebrate the 150th Anniversary of the Philadelphia & Reading RR. The locomotive is a Canadian Pacific 4-6-0. [Nikon N2020, Kodachrome]
  9. S

    Post Your Bridges HERE

    The New Haven. I'm pretty sure the line and bridge remain in service so that tourist line Cape Cod Central RR out on the Cape at Hyannis has access to the outside world.
  10. S

    Post Your Bridges HERE

    Railroad lift bridge over the Cape Cod Canal at Buzzard's Bay, MA in June 1992. [Nikon N2020, Kodachrome]
  11. S

    Post your Train shots!

    September 1989 at McPherson Square Station on the Washington DC Metro. I slowed the shutter speed to blur the train. [Nikon N2020, Kodachrome]
  12. S

    Woody's Hermosa Luz 2025

    Wow, that's an awesome photograph. I saw in a TV special on the Chesapeake Bay that ospreys are expert at fishing and they compete with eagles, who are less adept at it. The eagles, being stronger and more adept at flying, will sometimes swoop in on ospreys and take their fish, sometimes in...
  13. S

    Post your men/ladies at work

    Cayce SC, 03/16/1993. Nikon N2020, Kodachome.
  14. S

    Post your men/ladies at work

    Maintenance crew and machinery. Balcony Falls, VA, 04/02/2013, D5100. Sadly, the station has since been demolished.
  15. S

    Post your sign post pictures

    Two from today along the Saluda River near Columbia, SC. [D5100]
  16. S

    2025 Imaged BF Hammer style

    I'd never heard of these, but after studying your photograph I had a pretty clear notion of what was going on there and did a little reading about them. Your Table looks great! (y)
  17. S

    Post your men/ladies at work

    A friendly wave from a crewman as a freight train works downgrade at Bennington, PA. [July 1980, Nikon EL-2, Kodachrome]
  18. S

    Post your Train shots!

    August 1990 at Binfield, TN when coal was king. [Nikon N2020, Kodachrome]
  19. S

    Post your men/ladies at work

    February 1992, Crawfordville, GA. [Nikon N2020, Kodachrome]
  20. S

    Marilynne's Wetlands and Other Stuff - 2025

    Wow, lots of great shots posted @Marilynne. This one of the boat is especially neat I think.
Top