Which Nikon to get next?

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I clicked the "disagree" button. Sorry, but someone had to do it. I still love you though!:eek:

That's okay. ;)

The layout may take some getting used to, but I wouldn't be surprised if he likes the bodies so much that he stops using the D8xx so frequently. When you are accustomed to something working one way, there is an adjustment period to become familiar with the changes. That's understandable; however, the new layout may be where Nikon is headed for its future bodies. Nikon needs to change things up a bit so customers feel there are enough changes to warrant a new camera.

It reminds me of when I switched from an American car to a Japanese car. Things were completely different, but after adjusting to the changes, I much preferred the Japanese layout and found when driving my mother's American car, I fumbled around for things. :beguiled:

Bill16

This idea seem popular! Lol Though some of you think I might end up not liking them, as I wasn't fond of the D7100 feel nor button layout. But Cindy is likely right in that I would get use to it eventually, and might even like them better someday! Lol :)
Maybe this is the route to go, but maybe I shouldn't buy both Nikon's right now. Maybe I should buy the D750 first, and then if I feel the need for a DX later, then work towards buying a DX?
I sure appreciate all of your thoughts and advice my friends! You are all awesome in my book!:D

Last edited:

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
This idea seem popular! Lol Though some of you think I might end up not liking them, as I wasn't fond of the D7100 feel nor button layout. But Cindy is likely right in that I would get use to it eventually, and might even like them better someday! Lol :)
Maybe this is the route to go, but maybe I should buy both Nikon's right now. Maybe I should buy the D750 first, and then if I feel the need for a DX later, then work towards buying a DX?
I sure appreciate all of your thoughts and advice my friends! You are all awesome in my book!:D

If you insist on keeping your D700, then I'd suggest you opt for the D7200 first; however, if you want to go with the D750, then sell your D700 and hold onto the money to put towards something else. You simply won't need the D700 if you have 2 FX bodies with better sensors. Just my opinion though.... ;)

mikew_RIP

If you insist on keeping your D700, then I'd suggest you opt for the D7200 first; however, if you want to go with the D750, then sell your D700 and hold onto the money to put towards something else. You simply won't need the D700 if you have 2 FX bodies with better sensors. Just my opinion though.... ;)

As much respect as i have for the D700 i think its been superseded by the D750

Bill16

I doubt I will be selling off any camera gear anymore. I think I will keep and collect my favorite Nikon's and save replaced lenses for these older Nikon's like the D700! :)
I should have kept my D300 too.:(

Bill16

I will keep all of this in mind until I have the money! Then I will see what I finally decide to do! I have so many options, and I put a whole lot of money into my D800E,grip, and D4 batteries and charger(nearly $3000.00).
Any other thoughts will be very welcome, as I am trying to keep an open mind! :D

hrstrat57

NAS GAS can become quite a monster in a household.

I hope you won't spend more than you can afford.

I am quite proud that I have yet to be consumed by this monster. I wanted the D300/D700 combo and a bunch of sweet, fast D glass.

Done and I am happy.

So @Marcel please shut down your photo thread so I stop trying to find a Df!!

Nikon forget the D400 please do not create that desirable 10fps 24MP beast with the pro layout able to shoot ISO 3200 action!! Build something else that I don't want instead, heck do a 50MP D8xx! That I have no interest in.

Yep I am fighting NAS GAS and winning!

:)

Bill16

Well folks, I know a lot of you are rooting for my change over to buying the D750 and possibly the D7200! But I think I would be happier sticking to my D800E and maybe even adding another D8xx Nikon someday!
As for this coming up tax return buying spree, I have some ideas floating around in my head of what to buy! Yes the D810 is still a possibility, though lenses and tripod wants are very much of interest to me! For example, a top quality wide angle zoom( Nikkor 16-35)or(Nikkor 14-24) most likely, and or a top notch Gitzo tripod also caught my attention( my dream tripod)(Gitzo GT5562LTS Series 5 6x Traveler Systematic 6 section)!:)
But I'll keep the D750 as a possible option, even though I won't give up on my D800E! Lol :)

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
....( my dream tripod)(Gitzo GT5562LTS Series 5 6x Traveler Systematic 6 section)!

A load capacity of 88 pounds?!! ::what:: What do you plan on putting on it?

Is there some way to add a center column to it because at a max height of just under five feet, it's not overly tall.

salukfan111

Well folks, I know a lot of you are rooting for my change over to buying the D750 and possibly the D7200! But I think I would be happier sticking to my D800E and maybe even adding another D8xx Nikon someday!
As for this coming up tax return buying spree, I have some ideas floating around in my head of what to buy! Yes the D810 is still a possibility, though lenses and tripod wants are very much of interest to me! For example, a top quality wide angle zoom( Nikkor 16-35)or(Nikkor 14-24) most likely, and or a top notch Gitzo tripod also caught my attention( my dream tripod)(Gitzo GT5562LTS Series 5 6x Traveler Systematic 6 section)!:)
But I'll keep the D750 as a possible option, even though I won't give up on my D800E! Lol :)
Borrow a Tamron 15-30mm to shoot with for a week or two before making a decision on a wide zoom. It is supposed to be better than either of the ones you listed.

Bill16

Admittedly I don't have any great logical answers for ya my friend on this! I just thought it was cooler than heck, and I am only about 5'4" myself! Lol ;)

A load capacity of 88 pounds?!! ::what:: What do you plan on putting on it?

Is there some way to add a center column to it because at a max height of just under five feet, it's not overly tall.

Vincent

Bit surprised with the D7200, however I was thinking that D400 idea does push you in that direction.
The DX is stated to be lesser then FX, but it is not the complete view, with your D800E you will be close, but the D7200 has even a more close pixel density, with its own advantage and disadvantage.
No doubt that the D700, D800E and D7200 covers a lot of ground.

Nikkor 16-35 people say for the VR with filters. 14-24 f2.8 exceptionally wide and fast. Difficult choice any day.
Since I go towards 6f2" Gitzo does not cover what I look for.

Just trying to steal some of the fun of choosing.

Bill16

No it is unlikely that I will buy a D7200, though in a couple years I might buy the D400! Lol :D

I am still open to maybe buying the D750, but I will stay a big fan of the D8xx series Nikon's, since I love my D800E! :)

Gitzo does make a giant tripod you might want to look at! Lol ;)

Bit surprised with the D7200, however I was thinking that D400 idea does push you in that direction.
The DX is stated to be lesser then FX, but it is not the complete view, with your D800E you will be close, but the D7200 has even a more close pixel density, with its own advantage and disadvantage.
No doubt that the D700, D800E and D7200 covers a lot of ground.

Nikkor 16-35 people say for the VR with filters. 14-24 f2.8 exceptionally wide and fast. Difficult choice any day.
Since I go towards 6f2" Gitzo does not cover what I look for.

Just trying to steal some of the fun of choosing.

Bill16

Well it looks like my tripod idea is the front runner, for what I might buy with tax returns.

Congrats [MENTION=6277]Don Kuykendall[/MENTION] on the votes for best answer on your post on the first page!lol :)

But regardless, I'll go with whatever I find I desire most when the time comes! Lol :p