Ron's Almost Every Monday Project

Dawg Pics

I like the light in the last pic. There is always something cool looking about the light when the sun is low in the sky during the fall season.

RON_RIP

NOVEMBER 23, 2015 _AAA6772 - Version 2.jpg

Now, same photo, same settings, with my newly acquired D7100_DSC2702 - Version 2.jpg

Any noticeable differences?

RON_RIP

The post processing isn't quite the same, it seems, if they are both shot Raw. But the biggest difference might not be able to notice in a post, though I think you would see the differences when printed pretty fairly big! :)

Congrats buddy!:)
Well, Bill, I went back and reviewed my total exif data and discovered that I had a different white balance setting. Since I shoot outside a lot my default white balance setting is cloudy which gives a little warmer look to photos I feel. The D7100 was mistakenly set to Auto ISO which rendered a cooler color. My bad. Next week I will be sure that both cameras are exactly the same.

Bill16

Oh, ok.:) I figure the shots will look the same here on Nikonites, but I think it is still a good upgrade for ya my friend! :)

Well, Bill, I went back and reviewed my total exif data and discovered that I had a different white balance setting. Since I shoot outside a lot my default white balance setting is cloudy which gives a little warmer look to photos I feel. The D7100 was mistakenly set to Auto ISO which rendered a cooler color. My bad. Next week I will be sure that both cameras are exactly the same.

RON_RIP

Oh, ok.:) I figure the shots will look the same here on Nikonites, but I think it is still a good upgrade for ya my friend! :)
As soon as I get a photo of something I really like, I will duplicate it on both cameras and print them both as large as my printer will allow, because i agree that only a large rendering will probably highlight any differences between the 2 cameras.

RON_RIP

Monday Nov. 30, 2015. 1st photo taken with D7000_DSC2839 - Version 2.jpg
Second photo taken with D7100 All pp the same_DSC2839 - Version 2.jpg

Using the loupe I see better resolution on the D7100 but it is pretty close.

Lee-Ann

I also like the light in the last pic. The light near the end of the day or early morning always adds a touch that is almost magical.

RON_RIP

I also like the light in the last pic. The light near the end of the day or early morning always adds a touch that is almost magical.
Thanks Lee-Ann. i shoot this series at approx. 8:30 EST every Monday and over course, the light will change every week as the seasons advance.

mikew_RIP

I am shooting this series at my default ISO of 400 so I would not expect too much noise. How would you compare the 2 photos?

Good question,not sure how good the answer is,when i view images on here such as these i dont look for resolution or noise,i view them only for the reason you took them,to look for any thing else would in my opinion not be showing you the respect you deserve for undertaking this quest.
Now i have gone back and looked again on my screen i can see no IQ difference.

RON_RIP

Good question,not sure how good the answer is,when i view images on here such as these i dont look for resolution or noise,i view them only for the reason you took them,to look for any thing else would in my opinion not be showing you the respect you deserve for undertaking this quest.
Now i have gone back and looked again on my screen i can see no IQ difference.
The question though, is shouldn't there be better IQ with the 7100? I regret now, not taking the D7000 along with meto Phipps to shoot some of those flowers with both cameras but the crush of visitors would have made it difficult.

mikew_RIP

The question though, is shouldn't there be better IQ with the 7100? I regret now, not taking the D7000 along with meto Phipps to shoot some of those flowers with both cameras but the crush of visitors would have made it difficult.

Not sure in all circumstances,my thoughts are most cameras can produce the same quality depending on subject,final size,display method,i always think better bodies are like better lenses they still produce the goods when others have failed,dont think that makes sense but it does to me.:D