Marcel's 2015 daily, weekly, photo gathering

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
While the cat misses Line but not as much as I do, it distract itself birdwatching.

MCC_5889.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I was baby sitting today and went to the park to experiment with slow shutter speeds. 1/13 s is slow for a hand held shot, but I did get some interesting ones. The last two were not at a slow shutter speed.

I must add that I was using the D7000. That didn't show up since I used LR for post.

MCC_5927.jpg

MCC_5938.jpg

MCC_5954.jpg

MCC_5984.jpg

MCC_6006.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
View of the Montreal's World Press Photo exhibit taken today and a street shot of Notre-Dame Street.

World Press Photo1 resized.jpg

DSCF6680.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
This photo is not one I made today, but one that I worked on today. It has to do with this month's Challenge subject. Taken with my D7000 and Tamron 17-50 2.8.
Although the dog looks sad, it wasn't. It was a dog that was undergoing training to be a service dog and was just waiting his turn from his trainer. But it did have a kind of a sad eye.

the eye.jpg
T

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Shot tonight at dusk, Ste-Catherine de Hatley, QC.

I shot for HDR but after looking at the original NEF files, decided to go with only one exposure. I think it turned out good. Do you ?

Curch at dusk.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I knew I was taking chances hand holding my 300mm at 1/100s but I was too lazy to get the tripod and was afraid the light was going away...

1MC_3956 copy.jpg

I didn't know that spiders had drugs available to them. See what happened after ingesting forbidden substance.
1MC_3947.jpg

1MC_3951.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Since I posted a pic taken with the X-10, I feel obligated to post one done with a Nikon. So here are a few.

MCC_9764 fower.jpg

MCC_9780brindille.jpg

MCC_9787.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
And much better photos they are
I really have to agree with you Don. I'm left with a bit of after taste when I work with Fuji's jpegs... As much as a lot of people say they love them, I feel I have more pleasure working with my Nikon's Nefs and feel the results are much more controllable for my taste.
What I don't like with the X-10's files is that no matter how I try, I get stuck with 72 ppi definition...

Maybe @Eduard has a way to improve this...

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod

I haven't worked with X10 RAF files and have just begun working with the X-T1 version. I do know the X10 is 12 MP while the X-T1 is 16 MP. I shoot RAW and my first serious attempt has been pretty positive (see below).

I'm going to New Orleans next week for a short get away and bringing the X-T1. I'll have a better feel for it afterwards.

EasternShore.jpg

AC016

I really have to agree with you Don. I'm left with a bit of after taste when I work with Fuji's jpegs... As much as a lot of people say they love them, I feel I have more pleasure working with my Nikon's Nefs and feel the results are much more controllable for my taste.
What I don't like with the X-10's files is that no matter how I try, I get stuck with 72 ppi definition...

You should only be concerned about ppi if you are going to print. 72 or 300 ppi does not affect the size of your file. It will always be 12mp. If you want, you can upscale it in photoshop if you want a better print.DPI settings ??? - Post Processing - Fuji X Series Camera Forum

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I just had a few minutes to watch a bit of the Sherbrooke 2015 Color Run. I stayed away with my D7000 and 300 AF.

MCC_6064.jpg

MCC_6065.jpg

MCC_6078.jpg

MCC_6109.jpg

MCC_6118.jpg

MCC_6112.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I did a few experimental shots using long hand held exposure while zooming. Some were junk but I got 2 that I think are interesting.

sentier.jpg

zoom zoom zoomMCC_9878.jpg

grandpaw

Marcel, these are a GREAT series of images!!! It's time for some mats and framing on these.

The images I was talking about are the spider web pictures in post 310.

Last edited: