Marcel's 2015 daily, weekly, photo gathering

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Now if I could only decide myself to sell the 14-24...

I'm shocked that Bill didn't jump on this comment! ;)

Have you tried any of those filter adapters that cost like $400.00 on your 14-24mm buddy? It is what I am considering doing when I feel the need for filters.
It's my one delema about the 14-24mm lens! It even has me thinking of having a second lens for filtered shots like the 18-35mm G Nikkor lens! Lol:)

Out of the 3 zoom lenses I own (wide, normal, and tele), I use the 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G the least. In all honesty, I think you'd use the 24-70mm more frequently than a wide angle zoom. And there are times I want an outdoor shot where I need to use my telephoto zoom. An example is when there is a large body of water between me and the trees on the opposite side of its banks. So the 18-35mm isn't fully weather sealed. Either use a rain jacket over the camera/lens combo, or leave the wide angle zoom home and take other lenses. Think of the money you'd save as well as having the benefit of using screw-on front filters.

Since I don't want to hijack Marcel's 365-thread, if you have a response, Bill, would you do it in one of your own? And now back to your regularly scheduled programming of Marcel's Marvelous Moments! :)

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Found on the street this morning, this crushed paint can reminded me of a fish. Df with Rokinon 85.1.4+20mm Keno extension tube.

abastract fish.jpg

Goldfish.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I would have loved to take a nice snowy picture for my Holiday card, but it's going to be a green X-mas here in Sherbrooke this year. So here's my today's picture.

To all my Nikonites friends:

MXmas.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Twilight in Sherbrooke. The river hasn't frozen yet and we got our first snowfall 2 days ago.

filtered twilight.jpg