Marcel's 2015 daily, weekly, photo gathering

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Love the cat and the abstracts! It's always fun to see what you bring to the table each time you add to your thread. :)

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
My today's shots showing our cold season just about started.

DSC_1462.jpg

DSC_1463.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
A few shots done yesterday of 2 great friends book launch. I choose to work with available light while my friend worked with flash. Iso was 3200 and I was worried about the mixed lights (indoor were fluorescents), but turned out OK. All jpegs from camera with shadows recovery and highlight compensation with LR.

DSC_1470.jpg

DSC_1475.jpg

DSC_1518.jpg

DSC_1576.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Yesterday Adobe released a new version of Photoshop CC that brought back the "Oil paint" filter. And I think it's been greatly improved. Here's a shot of the river house with the use of filter.

house on the river.jpg

RockyNH_RIP

Yesterday Adobe released a new version of Photoshop CC that brought back the "Oil paint" filter. And I think it's been greatly improved. Here's a shot of the river house with the use of filter.

i really like it! I just saw your FB post a few minutes ago.... I have to try this and see how it works, have a couple pics I would like to do it on. Thanks!

Pat in GA

tea2085

Marcel; as a subscriber of Photoshop (just did 2 updates) should I now have the filter "oil paint" ? If so ,where in the filter pull down, is it ? Paul

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
My pictures of the day consist in abstract that I did for another forum. The subject was the imagined forest. Df, 16-35 with ND-8 filter. Out of camera jpegs, cropped + saturation and contrast added.

forêt imaginaire 1.jpg

forêt imaginaire 3.jpg

forêt imaginaire2.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Nikkor AF 16-35 F4!

How long have you had that? Thoughts on it @Marcel?
It's a very nice lens that I've had for about 2-3 years. Lighter and less expensive than the 14-24 2.8, it also takes filters which is the main reason I had it on my Df for a few days (playing with long exposures camera motion).

To me it does the job. Now if I could only decide myself to sell the 14-24...

Bill16

Have you tried any of those filter adapters that cost like $400.00 on your 14-24mm buddy? It is what I am considering doing when I feel the need for filters.
It's my one delema about the 14-24mm lens! It even has me thinking of having a second lens for filtered shots like the 18-35mm G Nikkor lens! Lol:)
The 14-24mm has me wanting it for it's sharpness and weather sealing, so maybe I can go out without fear even on the not so great weather days! Lol:)

It's a very nice lens that I've had for about 2-3 years. Lighter and less expensive than the 14-24 2.8, it also takes filters which is the main reason I had it on my Df for a few days (playing with long exposures camera motion).

To me it does the job. Now if I could only decide myself to sell the 14-24...