Lawrence's 365 for 2014

wud

Day 7 - the day of the wedding.
What an absolute disappointment. :( My photos were all very bad indeed.
Fortunately the professional photographer with her D700 did a fantastic job.
I have so much to learn about photographing people and events.

View attachment 66424

What what what? What is this? This shot are really good! Great composition and I love how you got this pale green in both the front and the back, it ties the image together.

Weddings are tough, my first wedding didn't exactly turn out as planned either, but I learned sooooo much and it was very useful for the next wedding.

If you make a thread with some of your wedding shots, or mail them or whatever, I would love to go through them and say what I see in them. Will be best if you post the settings along (shutter, iso, aperture).

Day 10
On the golf course - the Herons were very accommodating. Lots of photos taken as we played.

View attachment 66427

Awesome shot! Thats one cool bird. You captered a very gracious pose, and you got a lot of detail on it. Well done :)

Day 13 and not a good photography day for me!
I took a number of photos - all not so good - and in the end am going with my best moon shot.

Warning:
Not for those with sensitive stomachs!

I am putting this out there to be criticised and I am looking for help on my moon shots. I looked at and tried to emulate what others have done for their moon shots but this is no where near and completely horrible.
Any and all advice welcome.
View attachment 66734

Again - what?? I LOVE this shot! I lovelovelove the texture/high iso showing. Also your black looks a little faded (or whatever the word is), I think it works great with the texture.

Only thing, your crop isn't straight. You got more room on top and on your left side.

wud

About the golf shots - you did good! Did you have the lens hood on? I often forget that - that can wash out some of the colors. I think you managed to keep them, though.

You got several shots with the ball sharp and flying, I also like your image of the golf course scenary.

Direct sunlight are very tough to shoot in, also people wearing caps as they get this shadow over their face, but your managed to get the faces visible.

Lawrence

It's official I am in love with WUD! <3

Thank you for your kind words and offer to critique my photos.
I won't bore people with my photos here (of the wedding that is) but will put them in the gallery when processed and then let you have a look at them.

Lawrence

About the golf shots - you did good! Did you have the lens hood on? I often forget that - that can wash out some of the colors. I think you managed to keep them, though.

You got several shots with the ball sharp and flying, I also like your image of the golf course scenary.

Direct sunlight are very tough to shoot in, also people wearing caps as they get this shadow over their face, but your managed to get the faces visible.

I did have the hood on and I was trying out tips that Don and others gave me - mainly about shutter speed. I am thrilled with what I learned from them.
Of all of the golf shots I liked the scenery the best.

I took a lot more and most were acceptable so that is a massive achievement for me in one shoot. I was trying to convey the hive of activity that was going on.

wud

It's official I am in love with WUD! <3

Thank you for your kind words and offer to critique my photos.
I won't bore people with my photos here (of the wedding that is) but will put them in the gallery when processed and then let you have a look at them.

Haha!

Looking forward to seeing them, I am sure you are being way to hard on yourself.

I did have the hood on and I was trying out tips that Don and others gave me - mainly about shutter speed. I am thrilled with what I learned from them.
Of all of the golf shots I liked the scenery the best.

I took a lot more and most were acceptable so that is a massive achievement for me in one shoot. I was trying to convey the hive of activity that was going on.

Good! Thats the spirit. Places/events like this are AWESOME for learning photography. You get so much time for trying out different settings and angles. I did a couple of hours of sleddogs starting (race competition) one year, that was sooooo cold sitting there but great for my learning curve.

Lawrence

Day 16

Went down to where the Under 19 girls played their golf tournament with plans for "different" golf shots.
Alas the girls were all gone as the tournament was over by 3.00 pm
What to do?
All that was left was this:
Greenside Bunker LOL.jpg

And this

Golf Hole LOL.jpg

So I took a few photos of the national flag

Flag1 LOL.jpg

Flag2 LOL.jpg

Upped the colours
Flag3 LOL.jpg

All above with the 18 - 105
Changed to 70-300 as I saw a hawk and went on the hunt but he was too quick for me.
This was my car while I was stalking;

FBI Agents LOL.jpg

Never did find the hawk but came across this fellow winking at me

Winking Pony LOL.jpg

Eyes wide open he started ambling over to me.

Pony LOL.jpg

While I was being muzzled by his mate after changing to my 35mm prime

Muzzle LOL.jpg

And he then gave the approaching one the beady eye

Pony Eye LOL.jpg

Friends for life as this necking proves.

Necking LOL.jpg

And I headed off home with no golf shots but a pleasant outing none the less.

PS Took a whole lot more but won't bore you any more than this! :D

dramtastic

Dude your being way too hard on yourself. Absolutely nothing wrong with any of the photo's on this page(in fact they are very good), except the flag is missing 1 star! ;) Oh and WUD is both married and way too cool for you! :D

Lawrence

Dude your being way too hard on yourself. Absolutely nothing wrong with any of the photo's on this page(in fact they are very good), except the flag is missing 1 star! ;) Oh and WUD is both married and way too cool for you! :D

I'm working on cool! :D How am I doing :confused:

And of course she is married - she is lovely.

Thanks for the compliment and it was a hellavu job deleting that irritating 5th star!

Lawrence

En route with Qantas!
I do appreciate it all. In fact that little thread yesterday that you and others contributed to has given me such a boost in confidence. Thank you SIR!

Lawrence

Thanks for comments Kevin.

Actually it has been quite a good day and I looked up to see the lighting on this and thought it might look good.

OMG I just realised that I reacted to light! Must be a good thing.