Unable to post images

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I am still unable to upload pictures, what's happening to resolve this issue?

Have you tried clearing your cookies? If you do that, make sure you have all your log in info for every website - or look to see if there is a browser extension that will handle cookies on individual sites. I use Cookie AutoDelete for Chrome and can delete a variety of things for any one website.

Fred Kingston

The only way I'm able to upload, is to my gallery, and then post images from there. Very tedious. Subsequently, I don't post 1/2 of what I would probably post.

canuck257

Windows 10 + Firefox all updated. I've done the cookie delete and just about everything else I can think of. I only have the problem with this forum whch also, takes forever to load.

Needa

Challenge Team
Windows 10 + Firefox all updated. I've done the cookie delete and just about everything else I can think of. I only have the problem with this forum whch also, takes forever to load.

I'm running FF 90.0 64 bit on Linux. Only have two extensions Ghostery and HTTPS Everywhere, custom security setting are also used. Hope there is some resolution for you soon.

It isn't the member's computers where the problem lies. It's the server.

Since this thread started only one time have I had the slow to load issue and upload times out. Some people seem to post prolifically while others say the can't at all. Maybe it just the time of day I go on or just dumb luck I don't know. I hope you are correct and the new server fixes the situation.

Woodyg3

Contributor
A couple of things to check/try:

Is the picture 4000K or larger? If so, you simple get a message saying unable to load file without further explanation.

In my experience, if you have had the web browser open to Nikonites for quite a while and have been inactive, it will ignore your request.

I'm sure that these are things that most of you have checked or thought of, but I thought I'd put it out there. I was unable to post for several days, then magically things started working again. No idea why.

Robin W

I don't know what changed but I was finally able to upload photos today. It was the first time in a looooong time! Glad to be back.

Robin W

Apparently, not all of my photos would upload. The ones I posted last just put up a link that goes no where. Drats! I will try again next week and maybe it will work if I don't overdue it.

nikonpup

​​​​​

w​----

wHAT IS THE LATEST WORD ON THE SERVER CHANGE OVER????????????????????

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I still cannot upload photos, what is happening to fix this issue?

I asked again earlier this afternoon after reading this comment. jdeg just got back from a short vacation and will start working on the server next week. Please note this will only address some issues as the software isn't going to be replaced at this time. At least it should help somewhat.

nikonpup

I don't see any with the contributor status - and I use the AdBlock extension for Chrome, Ron. Sorry I'm not of any help though.

i had adblockers, guess they do not work for this site. i added adblocker for chrome and ads gone. :) thanks.

Fred Kingston

I use AdBlock Plus and don't see any ads here. I used to NOT block ads, and I used to be a contributor, but even as a contributor I used to see ads all the time, and got frustrated trying to do anything on this site, so I basically post as little as I can, and I run AdBlock Plus to block all the ads. I'm sorry.