Unable to post images

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Moderators: any idea if or when we might see the forum software updated? That's ultimately the main thing that's going to clear all these problems.

He is aware, Woody. I messaged him last week with concerns.

Woodyg3

Contributor
FWIW, I can't post today. "Unable to download file." I'll try later, sometimes these problems mysteriously disappear just as unexpectedly as they appear. :)

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Let me try....

It looks okay before submitting it. What problem do you encounter @Woodyg3 - is the site too slow and it times out? Or do you post and wind up with the dreaded attachment unavailable issue? Or something else? Please be specific so I can relay the info to jdeg.

Have you tried clearing your cookies and/or your cache?

_10K3525 low res.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I heard back from jdeg. He apologized for not getting back sooner and will take a look today. He has a couple ideas what might be causing some of the problems.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
As I can only speak for myself, I know that I can't post images using the normal uploader. It's using the "Flash" software which is no longer supported on my Macs and the normal uploader is "Flash" dependent. I suspect this is the problem, so I use the basic uploader which is a pain since I can only upload one image at a time. It would be so nice to have a click, drag and drop feature just so simple like FB. We will loose a lot of members is something is not done in a timely matter about this.

Woodyg3

Contributor
As I can only speak for myself, I know that I can't post images using the normal uploader. It's using the "Flash" software which is no longer supported on my Macs and the normal uploader is "Flash" dependent. I suspect this is the problem, so I use the basic uploader which is a pain since I can only upload one image at a time. It would be so nice to have a click, drag and drop feature just so simple like FB. We will loose a lot of members is something is not done in a timely matter about this.

I've been using the basic uploader for quite a while, now. One image at a time. Ugh. Even that wasn't working recently, then I tried today and I can upload again.

canuck257

I managed to upload this on the third consecutive try having failed multiple times over the past few days. Frustrating!

_IVA0095_DxODxO4S.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
jdeg ordered a new server, and it's being provisioned. This change will help speed up the forum and uploading images should be better. Same platform for now though. That's all I know. So although those of you who have been hit with this issue more than others, your perseverance will benefit all of us.

Woodyg3

Contributor
No luck again today. Honestly, until there is new software, I don't see the problems going away. I'm getting pretty tired of these problems, if I'm honest.

Dawg Pics

I haven't been posting much, but many times, I have tried to get on the site and gave up because my wheel just kept spinning. I don't know if that is a server issue or not.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I haven't been posting much, but many times, I have tried to get on the site and gave up because my wheel just kept spinning. I don't know if that is a server issue or not.

jdeg said the new server should help with that. I just don't know how long it will take to provision it. I too have found the pages to load very slow. :(