New to the forum ....

Nikon Photographer

As I signed up to the forum a few days ago, I thought it was about time to introduce myself ...

I'm 49 and currently live in Solihull, England, and sadly retired due to medical reasons, years ago I turned Pro' and worked freelance for a few magazines and tourist publications, and even did the odd weddings, although I really didn't like doing them .... doing the land/seascapes, travel etc were more my cup of tea.

For a few years photography has been put on the back burner, as I do have a few other hobbies to keep the old brain cells ticking over, model making being one of them, but a few weeks ago I picked up a copy of the Amateur photographer magazine, and my interest in photography was once again relighted, so I have now upgraded my D70, which I bought new in 2004, with a Nikon D90 ...

I'm just waiting for the SD card I have on order to arrive, then I'm getting out to try out the new camera, I'm also looking forward to trying out the Nikkor 55-300 AFS I bought when it was first released, but have never used it in anger, only tried it on the D70 inside the house ....

My main interest in photography are land/seascapes, nature and macro .... hopefully I will have some decent shots to post very soon ....

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll have a great time with us here. Feel free to share those pics with us.

fotojack

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll enjoy your D90 and all it has to offer. Have fun.....and don't be afraid to ask questions or offer help if you can. We're pretty easy to get along with. :)

Lscha

Welcome welcomesign.gif