Thanks for looking!

church front-2.jpg

Another angle in my project 52 thread.

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I like the angle, the composition but find it a little too bright (the masonry). If you could give the stones a little contrast and darken them a little, I think it would improve the image.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Getting there. Could you add a little red and yellow to the stones? The contrast is fine but the cyan overcast still bothers me. But we are only talking about taste now, and I'm telling you mine, so feel free to experiment and find what you like.

ohkphoto

Snow White
Rick, this is a beautiful shot. Great shooting angle and composition. But I also agree with Marcel . . . not enough contrasting color . . . everything has a cyan tinge that makes it almost monochromatic. You might play around with the WB some. Also, when you're processing in photomatix, you might try moving the black point slider a little more to the right. That will give the pic more depth.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Rick, feel free to let me know if showing what I would do on this forum upsets you. I didn't have access to CS5 last night so today I made a mask for the stone only, played with the saturation and contrast and this is what I ended up with. It's only my view and I'm only trying to help, so I hope I'm not offending you.

church front-2.jpg

fotojack

Marcel's version, to me, gives this shot much more punch. Lots of contrast in this adds tremendously to the visual interest. Love the texture in this version....very dramatic and visually appealing. Nice job, Marcel.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Marcel's version, to me, gives this shot much more punch. Lots of contrast in this adds tremendously to the visual interest. Love the texture in this version....very dramatic and visually appealing. Nice job, Marcel.

Thanks Jack.

Rick M

Thank you Marcel! Never offended by help. I do like your version, are those adjustments available in LR3? I do not have CS5. I like how your version brings out the brickwork!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I haven't worked enough with LR3, so I don't know if it has layer adjustments. In CS5, I created a mask for just the brick and then applied the adjustments that I wanted. You might be able to apply the adjustments in LR3 with the brush but I'm not sure how.