Pete's Studio Project

Carolina Photo Guy

Before Pressure Wash.jpgWindow Detail.jpgAfter Pressure Wash.jpgInterior Vent Detail.jpgCopper Cupola Detail.jpgInterior Shot.jpgEnd Wall detail.jpg

These shots are more to show the clean slate aspect of this project. I have cleaned everything inside and out. My next step is to wire this unit with 5 receps, 1 light switch, 2 ceiling fans, 1 center light and 1 spring loaded drafting light. Then its insulation all around. That will finish stage 1 of this project.

Enjoy the pictures. Trust me, the transformation will be stunning!

Pete

Rick M

Looks like a real fun project! Keep the pics comming!

Nice firepit also, are they loose bricks? (thinking of one for my backyard also)

Last edited:

Vermontster

Someone learnt you pretty good down there Pete. BTW, did yah notice my new title. I'm old now, just like you!!! Senior Member. Don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight :-D

fotojack

Pete..........two ceiling fans? Isn't that a bit of overkill? And just a thought about your insulation; have you thought about spray foam insulation? It eliminates the plastic sheet over the fiberglass insulation bats cost.
Love the project, though. Wish I was there to help you with it. :)

Browncoat

One major component to consider while you are at this young phase of this project is how you are going to control ambient lighting. There will be times when you want to block all light from those windows!

Carolina Photo Guy

_DSC0622.jpg_DSC0616.jpg_DSC0617.jpg_DSC0618.jpg_DSC0619.jpg_DSC0620.jpg_DSC0621.jpg

Phase 2 has been started and is almost complete.
Ran out of wire and nailplates. My next step after wiring and plating is to attach my ceiling runners, design attic access, install the light boxes and install the insulation.
I should be finished with that by Tuesday.
Enjoy everybody.

Pete

Carolina Photo Guy

Pete..........two ceiling fans? Isn't that a bit of overkill? And just a thought about your insulation; have you thought about spray foam insulation? It eliminates the plastic sheet over the fiberglass insulation bats cost.
Love the project, though. Wish I was there to help you with it. :)

I've decided to go with 1 42" ceiling fan and 2 tit lights. I can keep the amperage down to nearly nothing using CFL's in the light fixtures. I am using roll insulation simply because it simplifies repairs later on down the highway. Besides, the vapor barrier gives a nice finished look behind the walls.

Pete

AxeMan - Rick S.

Pete, are you going to install (Ground Fault Interrupter) GFI receptacles? If it was my project I would. Anything outside of the house I like to use them. Call me paranoid but I always like to take caution when it comes to running electricity outside of the home, whether it's hard wired to the house or not. Just a thought, and my 2 cents worth.

Rick

Last edited by a moderator: