Zeiss 135mm f/2.0 Apo-Sonnar ZF.2 Lens

gqtuazon

Gear Head
So I have my sights set on a 24-70 2.8 and you have to go and post this? Your killing my wallet Glen! Which one do i need more?

Sorry Pal. My evil advice is that nothing prevents you from owning both! Hehehe! LOL!:eagerness:

whats really on my mind, Is what gets me sharper, this lens on my D600 or say the Nikon 105 2.8g on a D800E? Does the lack of the filter on the D800E trump this lens on a camera with a filter (D6oo), Mp's aside.

Rick - honestly I can't say what makes the images that I post sharper. There are a lot of factors that can contribute to a really sharp image. My practice for shots that doesn't move is that I use a tripod, manual focus via live view, mirror-up, and use a remote. My tripod is very reliable and I know hand-holding my camera is not going to give me the results that I want or expect. I get more keepers when using this technique.

The D800E is an exceptional camera for the types of photography that I shoot except for sports which I rely more on my D7000 for faster fps and to keep my total shutter actuations with my D800E lower.

Here is another one with a different model. I used a speedlight to provide a fill flash since I was shooting against the sun.

@ f2 of course.

18Aug13 083 by gqtuazon, on Flickr

Nathan Lanni

Might as well include this here. Taken with my lowly D7000 @ f2.8, 1/25mm, ISO 400, bounce flash using SB 900.

xmas 027 by gqtuazon, on Flickr

Fabulous! perfect timing for the Christmas season.

This time of year, I would love to use a photo like that for my Win 7 desktop, but I wouldn't get any work done because I'd be staring at the photo.:)

And I love the dreamy bokeh - what was your setup?

Hope you sell quite a few, and BTW did you resolve your d800 dilemma?

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Fabulous! perfect timing for the Christmas season.

This time of year, I would love to use a photo like that for my Win 7 desktop, but I wouldn't get any work done because I'd be staring at the photo.:)

And I love the dreamy bokeh - what was your setup?

Hope you sell quite a few, and BTW did you resolve your d800 dilemma?

Thank you. That's exactly what I did for my desktop wallpaper. I have not had the chance to send my D800E to APS yet. I'm thinking of getting a $1,300 D600 from Cameta or just wait a year for the Df price to come down a bit.

Re: Set-up.
D7000 @ f2.8, 1/25mm, ISO 400, bounce flash using SB 900. Our Christmas tree is supposed to be the back ground but all you can see are these nice and rounded bokeh lights.

Read more: http://nikonites.com/prime/10238-zeiss-135mm-f-2-0-apo-sonnar-zf-2-lens-2.html#ixzz2ldo0BBRQ

Last edited:

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Alright now... Watch what you call the great D7000 or karma will get you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Don - nothing wrong with the D7000. I'm just being bitter since I don't have a FX camera that I can use at the moment. I can pay for a FX camera now but I am not in a hurry to get one. I'll wait for the right time to get the silver Df. ;)