Your Best D5200 Photos

Alex Hufana

Thank you. Do you guys think that a Nikon 35mm f/1.8 AF-S will produce a much sharper picture? What do you guys recommend for a zoom lens that produce a decent sharp image that won't break bank, $500 price range?

mauckcg

Thank you. Do you guys think that a Nikon 35mm f/1.8 AF-S will produce a much sharper picture? What do you guys recommend for a zoom lens that produce a decent sharp image that won't break bank, $500 price range?

The 35 1.8 is an excellent little lens. For a walk around zoom I have a Sigma 17-70 2.8-4 Contemporary that I love. New it was 500 and that was back in May or so.

Alex Hufana

Thanks, your pictures looks amazingly clear. It is on the way! Thanks for the recommendations, I thought about Sigma, but I heard about Nikon changing something in the future and it will affect non-Nikon lenses.

mauckcg

Thanks, your pictures looks amazingly clear. It is on the way! Thanks for the recommendations, I thought about Sigma, but I heard about Nikon changing something in the future and it will affect non-Nikon lenses.

Nikon doesn't play well with others. So when they change something it doesn't get distributed out to the 3rd party people. They have to figure it out for themselves. In order to get the lens to work it will need an update. If you plan on getting a couple of Sigma lenses, it might be worth getting the USB dock the newer Sigma's are compatible with so you can update the firmware of your lenses. This is very short sighted on Nikon's part, I hope they see the light sooner rather than later. For now, it all works with the 5200 so have at it.

Alex Hufana

I received my Nikon 35MM F/1.8 AF-S lens today. Here are some practice pics, loving this lens a lot!
dsc_0104.jpg
dsc_0069.jpg
dsc_0047.jpg
dsc_0085.jpg
dsc_0094.jpg

RussellHons

DSC_6850a.jpgDSC_6852a.jpgDSC_6858.jpg
Here are a few night time photos I took a few weeks ago while in Clearwater Beach FL to shoot a friends wedding. These were taken with my Tamron 70-200 2.8

Charley

Hi. I'm totally new to the forum and to DSLR photography, so I'm on a steep learning curve. I've had the D5200 for a week now, and love using it. I'm hoping for clear skies tomorrow, going try some night time lapse. Anyway here are a few photos I've taken over the past week

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 214
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 167
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 170
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 159

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi. I'm totally new to the forum and to DSLR photography, so I'm on a steep learning curve. I've had the D5200 for a week now, and love using it. I'm hoping for clear skies tomorrow, going try some night time lapse. Anyway here are a few photos I've taken over the past week

Welcome!