Your Best D5200 Photos

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Just got my D5200 and love it! I got the 18-55/55-200VR combo. Still playing around in Auto mode but love this picture. Used the 18-55 here.
gezaby8e.jpg

Welcome! Nice shot!

jrush78

Very nice, have you tried the P mode? It is like auto but does more for you. I have become a big fan. I read an article in Digital Photography magazine about it and it made a lot of sense to me.

tacoeater

Very nice, have you tried the P mode? It is like auto but does more for you. I have become a big fan. I read an article in Digital Photography magazine about it and it made a lot of sense to me.

It was a quick random shot and had the camera in auto for different shots. I will keep that in mind next time I use it. I really appreciate the tips! Thank you.

jrush78

It was a quick random shot and had the camera in auto for different shots. I will keep that in mind next time I use it. I really appreciate the tips! Thank you.
You are welcome, I am a newb to dslr so I read a lot. I PM'd you a link to the story which I uploaded.

White Canvas

I love this photo. The gift wrapped box sitting all alone seemingly forgotten is wonderful BUT my favorite part of the photo is the lone feather floating down from the sky. If it was an accident then it was a happy accident but if it was staged then it was brilliant.

Thank you. Your comment is encouraging. I did enjoy creating this image.

wev

Contributor
Hello folks
I have just upgraded after years using a Panasonic Lumix. I make images in three specific areas: documenting maker's marks on early American silver (sharp, flat, and monochrome) for my personal research project, adding to the floral image database for the Horticulture Department at Fullerton College (semi-macro with enough DOF to capture the 'spirit' of the plant, as well as the bloom), and shooting documentary albums of the local annual garden tour homes (the big mixed bag of tight, medium, and large). Each demands a very different hardware setup and mindset and I have been enjoying the learning curve for each with my new D5200. My lens collection is basic at this point, but I really like the Tamron 90mm macro and I thought I'd put up a learning shot from today

bauhinia.jpg

(f5.6, 1/60, iso 200, hand-held)

Last edited:

Alex Hufana

dsc_0219.jpg
dsc_0206.jpg
dsc_0205.jpg
dsc_0198.jpg
dsc_0190.jpg

Visited Colmar, France today for their Christmas Market. These pictures were all taken with the kit lens that came with the D5200. Hopefully, I will be getting my 35mm prime lens soon. I am a noob and practicing on Manual mode only. I tried Aperture only but I can't get what I want.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Visited Colmar, France today for their Christmas Market. These pictures were all taken with the kit lens that came with the D5200. Hopefully, I will be getting my 35mm prime lens soon. I am a noob and practicing on Manual mode only. I tried Aperture only but I can't get what I want.

Welcome!