Yodaman's Project 365 for 2018

Yodaman

January 14B.jpgJanuary 14 part 2.

Yodaman

I tried to reply to you a few days ago on my iPad, but it did not post. Thank you for your comment. Please feel free to give me any suggestions you have on how to improve my photos.

Yodaman

Janaury16.jpgJanuary 16. I am not sure if I have the correct angle for his face. I was trying for something other than straight on.

Last edited:

Yodaman

Janaury 17.jpgJanuary 17. This is what I imagined as the cover of a magazine about Baby Groot. The magazine is a collection of rare photos of his early years, also his transition to the life as a movie star, and finally what it is like to be a large plush toy.

Yodaman

That is what I was hoping for, a casual relax feel, where Baby Groot is just open to talk about his life. The only quote anyone can get out of him of course is, "I am Groot."

Yodaman

January 18.jpgJanuary 18. So I took Moabman's advice and put my ISO to 100 and my shutter speed to about 1/200 to black out my back ground. Then I used a flash light to add light to highlight part of the face. As stated on Jurassic World, "You should hear a four-year-old try to say "Archeaornithomimus.""

Yodaman

This is the stronger of the two images. It has depth BECAUSE of the light on your subject and the light on your background separating the two. Second image is very flat.

Thank you for the feedback on the two Wonder Woman photos. I agree with your assessment the first one is better of the two.

Yodaman

Yodaman, Find your studies in lighting very interesting. :encouragement:

Thank you. I feel like I am doing some okay things, but don't want to seem like a four year old that got a hold of their parent's camera. If you see anything you would like to make suggestions, on I would be grateful for any constructive criticism.

Yodaman

CRJan20.jpg CRJan20B.jpg My son saw me talking my photos and wanted to take a few himself. Here are the two photos he took. He set up the figures, placed the lights, chose the color for the gel, and took the photos. If anyone tells me that my son takes better photos than me, I will understand and not take offense.